Poll

Should The Phone Show and PLA Radio feeds be combined?

Holy shit, yes!
16 (72.7%)
Oh my God, no!
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Should The Phone Show and PLA Radio feeds be combined?  (Read 7464 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Should The Phone Show and PLA Radio feeds be combined?
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »
Ever since I started this new things I've been trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of combining the feeds.  Combining them would mean that all the Phone Shows would show up on the PLA Radio feed.  This would also mean that every week there would be a new posts on phonelosers.org with The Phone Show notes in it.  It seems like this would clutter up the page and might annoy people who only want PLA Radio. 

On the up side, it would make things slightly easier for me.  Not enough to be a big deal though.  Some people might consider combining the feeds a good thing.  PLA Radio already has a zillion subscribers so it would probably increase The Phone Show audience.

I dunno though.  Maybe I should just leave things the way they are.  What do you think?  Vote.

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
Re: Should The Phone Show and PLA Radio feeds be combined?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
I have never heard the phone show, but I have heard like one pla radio, i say go for it.
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline EnochTheGeek001

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »
I think it would be a problem, it would be making it easier for me.

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:05:09 AM »
this is a tough one. It'd be good for hardcore PLA fans who like all aspects of all things phonelosers, but for casual PLA Radio people who aren't all that involved in the scene, it might turn them away from PLA Radio entirely.

Maybe make "Best Of" Phone Show bits and combine them into one audio file to occasionally feature on the PLA Radio feed?

Of course, that only makes MORE work for you... so....

meh.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:40:39 AM »
I have never heard the phone show, but I have heard like one pla radio, i say go for it.
Where the hell have you been for the past two months or so?! One PLA radio? Are you really a phone losers fan?

It would make it a lot easier for the people whom like both.
But then again... If it makes it a little easier for you to put them together... then keep them apart.
Atonal apples.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:04:02 AM »
Combining them would mean that all the Phone Shows would show up on the PLA Radio feed.  This would also mean that every week there would be a new posts on phonelosers.org with The Phone Show notes in it. 

fresh content at predicable intervals > fresh content every once in a while

PLA Radio already has a zillion subscribers so it would probably increase The Phone Show audience.

...then more people might call.  ;)  ;D

It'd be good for hardcore PLA fans who like all aspects of all things phonelosers, but for casual PLA Radio people who aren't all that involved in the scene, it might turn them away from PLA Radio entirely.

Or it could get them more involved. I respectfully disagree that a once a week addition to the feed with content one is not interested in would make someone unsubscribe.

My vote is merge.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
It's not like the PLA Radio casuals are going to instantly un-subscribe if they start getting the Phone Show in their feed. The worst that could happen is they go "WTF is this? This isn't PLA Radio." and just not listen to it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
As an avid podcast listener, I've had several shows suddenly start putting OTHER stuff in their feed that I hated.  Maybe I'm just easily irritated though.

I guess if I did combine feeds, there probably is a way to NOT display all the Phone Show stuff on the main page.  I should bring it up in the next PLA Radio and try to get more people to vote on this.

Offline evilgold

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:58 PM »
As the caller in the last show pointed out, the phone phone show is like PLA radio, except your forced to do it every week.

I say combine the feeds. Its not like they get updated much more then once a week as it is.

Offline flamoot

• brilliant
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
    • flamooting
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
It's kind of abstract to me because I don't use any "feeds". I got a couple of other people to listen to the last Phone Show and at the end it said the number of listeners was a new record, that was pretty cool. The Phone Show said that

Definitely tell the PLA Radio people about The Phone Show if possible. They are pretty different but the hosts sound similar

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »
Yeah, the hosts DO sound a lot alike. I wonder what that is about?

Offline CerealKiller

• Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-30
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »
Will this mean that every phone show will be downloadable on itunes just like PLA Radio?
You're Killing Me Smalls!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
Will this mean that every phone show will be downloadable on itunes just like PLA Radio?

You can do that already.  In Itunes go to "advanced" and then "subscribe to podcast" and enter the feed URL.

Offline feenixaz

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »
Brad you gotta leave the phone show in the feed. I like hearing that shit and if you move it somewhere then I'll be too lazy to add it. Ask us again when you have a PLA show out every week. Then we'll start getting tired of your dumb shit, but probably still want more. Keep the feed!