Author Topic: One day (5-20) sell radioshack- magicJack $10 off  (Read 3924 times)

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
One day (5-20) sell radioshack- magicJack $10 off
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
Radio shack has a one day sale on the magicJack.  Bringing it from 40 to 30 dollars.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3382475

I might just have to pick up one for myself.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:52:28 AM by notlist3d »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: One day (5-20) sell radioshack- magicJack $10 off
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »
I've always heard that MagicJack sucks and that overall it's a huge ripoff.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:19:53 AM »
well, the jackass who stole my credit card number was a dumbass--and several of the things he bought, including the magic jack, were sent to me and not the thief.  i'm holding on to the unopened packages for a while in case they're needed for investigational purposes, but if they aren't, i may tinker around with it, just for giggles.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
I ended getting one for the fun of it.  If anyone else is going to get one make sure to bring a print off.  It scans for full price, they said it was just online price.  Luckily i had my iphone on me to prove them wrong.  As if i needed another reason why i hate radio shack.

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
I am pretty happy with the magicJack so far.  The sound quality is been good so far.  It had more power then expected i was able to plug it into phone jack in wall and use phone on opposite side of house.  Faxing takes a try or two but it seems like it can even send faxes of it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
Can you receive calls on it too?  What kind of number did they give you?  Was it a number in your local area?  What comes up on a caller ID box when you call someone?  How about ANI?

Maybe I'll give it a try if it doesn't completely suck.  A year of free calls for $30 isn't bad.  I've been wanting something to plug into my "Line 2" on all my phones.

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Can you receive calls on it too?  What kind of number did they give you?  Was it a number in your local area?  What comes up on a caller ID box when you call someone?  How about ANI?
Yep  :) can send and recieve calls.  You get to pick your numbers area code, and prefix but it dosent give u a option for last 4 digits.  This numbers are not avaibile for local numbers for all areas.  I wasnt able to get a local number in my town.  On caller ID it pops up with my magicjack number, but no name.  And im not sure on ANI yet.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »
And im not sure on ANI yet.

1-800-444-4444 but you probably knew that already.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »
Today I paid $40 for a magicJack.  So far I like it.  There wasn't a local number available in Albany, Oregon but I preferred somewhere else anyway.  I went with Los Angeles for my number.  I tried an ANI number on it and it comes up with the LA number they assigned to me, just like the caller ID does. 

The quality seems good.  I hooked up a line-in recorder to that line and added it to my mixing board.  The audio on their end is quiet, just like a land line.  But I only made 1 test call.  At least the buzzing isn't there like on my land line.  It's cool that you can lie to magicJack about what your name and address is.  They didn't require a credit card or anything to get started, so it's pretty much completely anonymous.

I'm guessing that I could probably erase the software that it installed on my computer and start over, giving myself a new phone number and a new name.  Unless each one has a serial number to tell them who owns the device.  Come to think of it, that must be the case or I could just wipe out the software and start over next year without paying them another $20.

Anyway, I will put this thing to evil uses ASAP.  Hey, now I've got a new number to call Angelina the Craigslist Hooker with!

Offline evilgold

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 02:27:06 AM »
I managed to get a magic jack at a garage sale for $5. I'm not sure if it was ever used before, but i did test, and i signed up for at least 2 separate numbers. I'm pretty sure you can use disposable email addresses to sign up for a number if you want, and get as many as you want. I signed up for it twice to test it out.

It was actually kind of pointless since the thing doesnt work on linux, but i had a windows virtual machine to play with so i checked it out.I  made it sort of work in linux by using it with skype, but i cant dial numbers, or just pick up the physical phone when i get a call, so basically its just a wireless headset for my computer now...which is still kind of nice. Plus i like having the extra blue light coming from behind my computer.

Offline Phreakazoid

• bear wrassler
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-3
    • PLA - FL(352)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 04:47:38 AM »
yeah...i work at a RadiosHack and we weren't told about this My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.
omgwtfhax?