Author Topic: getting stickers/labels off ameritech boxes?  (Read 5868 times)

Offline PoopskinTheLiar

• Potential Phone Loser and Computer/Retrocomputer Nerd
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-5
  • ...Is hardly Leet at all
getting stickers/labels off ameritech boxes?
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:28:00 AM »
i have some phone/power boxes (and a old Ameritech Cable box) behind my house, the only phone box belonging to my neighbor. how can i get the Ameritech stickers off of them in a intact state? trying to get a fingernail under them has failed (only chipping them a bit, and leaving me with a sore thumb). What should i do to thieve me some useless Ameritech stickers? why haven't AT&T changed the posts with Ameritech stickers yet?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: getting stickers/labels off ameritech boxes?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »
I'd just steal the whole box, then use a jigsaw to cut the plastic around the sticker.  Then you'd have a sticker with a thick plastic backing.

Offline PoopskinTheLiar

• Potential Phone Loser and Computer/Retrocomputer Nerd
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-5
  • ...Is hardly Leet at all
Re: getting stickers/labels off ameritech boxes?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
Great idea, but the problem is that all i have is horribly dull hacksaws, and i think someone would notice me hauling the cover to the Ameritech box cover into my garage (regardless of the fact that the box is surrounded by dense trees and bushes and behind a fence*). I'm thinking Goo Gone might work, but if all else fails i'll try what you suggested.

Now then, off to find that bottle of goo gone i used to get that chewing gum off my computer chair a few years back...

This is the box, BTW. easily reachable from the convenience of my own backyard, with only the trouble of reaching through a fence and getting behind some bushes.

*okay, TWO fences.

EDIT: Got it! now i just gotta peel off what's left of that Illinois Bell label underneath it and whatever was under that. and that Ameritech Cable label from that other box i mentioned.

NOW THEN, ONTO THE NEXT PROBLEM....

It seems the ameritech Cable labels are a lot harder to get off. however, i've applied the nail polish remover and will check back later.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:42:28 PM by PoopskinTheLiar »