Author Topic: Out dated Tech  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
Out dated Tech
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
If the PLA has it's own IRC room, why not a telnet site? Sure, it's outdated, few people would log on and it provably wouldn't be worth the computer it's on, but hey, it'd be kinda cool. Or we could get an FTP site, for trading what remains of the BBSes. Sure, you could find them on Textfiles.com, but where's  the fun in that?
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Out dated Tech
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Do you mean a telnet BBS?  That would be awesome.  EvilCal used to run one and it got quite a bit of activity.  I probably woudn't log in much, but it'd be a cool thing just to have.  I definitely won't set one up myself, but if anyone else wants to make a PLA-themed BBS (assuming that's what you're talking about) I will link to it.

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
If you're truly aiming for the archaic, set up a REAL BBS.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:02 AM »
Oh, shit, I completely forgot about my plan to set up a bbs on amazon's AWS thingie. Shit, I should probably get this done soon. They give you a micro-instance for free for a whole year. Telnet would suck because you'll be sending out your data in plain text. SSH should be a requirement in my opinion.