Author Topic: Would this be worth the 50 cents?  (Read 3269 times)

Offline McDiddy

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Tricky Midget
    • My Space yay!!!
Would this be worth the 50 cents?
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:45:46 AM »
Ok I'm new to phreaking and it takes me awhile to thinkl up of good calls.

This I got a good laugh from the idea but wanted to know if this is worth my 50 cents (in case my redbox dont work).

A: call a random number and have them set up call forwarding to a payphone out in public where chances are someone will answer.

B: Call my favorite chinese place, tell them a HUGE order and then give them the first number that I called which will forward to the payphone.

C: Since I work across the street in a parking booth watch the action unfold while I enjoy what I ordered a few minutes earlier. Imagine an irate chinese man who barely speaks english chew out this unassuming passerby.

I could skip step A and just tell them the payphone number, what do you viewers think?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:56:27 AM by McDiddy »
7.\/.

"QUICK change the channel!!"

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Would this be worth the 50 cents?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »
I'm personally not all that big on harassment/pranks that get a bunch of businesses involved, especially non-franchise outfits like Chinese places. What did they do to you?

This is a forum made more to discuss the legality/punishments associated with an action, not for "Is my prank funny LOLZ", so I'll address it as such.

IF you somehow got caught (bragged about it, etc, etc) you could face a few charges. Depending on how you convinced the mark to order call forwarding, you may get hit for impersonating a phone company employee. Not sure what the punishment on that would be, or how they would charge that. The Chinese place, depending on the size of the order, could take you to small claims to pay back the price of the food, the gas the driver had to spend, the driver's wages, and maybe even the wages for the kitchen crew, depending on the judge. They usually like to stick it punk assholes. Thirdly, you could get hit for harassment, since there's no possible way to prove the whole thing was an accident or a mistake.

Precautions- Don't do it at a Chinese place you ever otherwise order from, or from a phone of yours (or the business phone. You'd be fucked right there).

Don't call your mark or the Chinese place from the same public phone you're pulling the prank from. That way, there's less chance of you being seen.

I still think it's a stupid idea, but have fun, I guess.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »
Make sure that payphone accepts incoming calls, first.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline McDiddy

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Tricky Midget
    • My Space yay!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:49:56 AM »
First could you re-read my proposal, you seem to have missed my point and the details, sorry if that's very blunt but some of your sentences just make no sense at all.

I'm not involving multiple business, I didn't state I was calling from my work phone and, I realize this is more of a legality forum. To have the POV on the humor is a bonus.

I'm personally not all that big on harassment/pranks that get a bunch of businesses involved, especially non-franchise outfits like Chinese places. What did they do to you?

One time this bitch answers, I have like $3.80 in my bank account and I just order two eggrolls @ $1 each. I tell her also that I had lost my debit card and I know everything on the card (which I do). I have ordered from them before without telling them this fact without incident I did this since I chopped up my own card. I'm terrible with finances, fortunatly there are very few places around here that accept just the number without the card. Anyways she keeps telling me it's being declined and I know I have enough money since my home banking page is loaded on my puter at that moment and it says I have enough. I end the call and I call my debit card company (Visa) and I tell them a charge keeps being declined when I have enough money in my account to pay for it. The Visa representative told me that I wasn't being charged 3.65 (the total of my order) but It was 4.85 instead. I called back the resturant again and placed an order. She kept telling me I was being declined. So I got frustrated enoyugh told her that I thought she was lying and I ended the call.

Don't call your mark or the Chinese place from the same public phone you're pulling the prank from. That way, there's less chance of you being seen.

I still think it's a stupid idea, but have fun, I guess.

Well that's why I thought of the option of just calling the one place directly. I feel that what RBCP and evil did to the theater was more harassment then what I was going to do.

But now that I think about it it would be a bad idea observing from work since I would be fairly visible and I usually can't contain my laughter. Unless I did this after work from a fairly out of the way place that is still in view of the phone.
7.\/.

"QUICK change the channel!!"

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
Ah, so you're TRYING to screw with the restaurant, and the random person you choose is just an unwilling participent.

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.