Author Topic: "Blackhat" Blogging  (Read 3067 times)

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
"Blackhat" Blogging
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »
Yes I realize how lame of a term that is... but its something I've been considering having a go at for a while

Has anyone tried it/have any thoughts? Basically it consists of putting up a bunch of shitty blogs, focusing on driving traffic to them, and orienting them in a manner which gets the visitors to click the advertisement links and then being paid for your ad revenue

Seems like it could work, if you did enough of them.. but then it also seems like it may be an outdated method at this point, and I'm not sure if it really works or is worth the effort any more
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
Re: "Blackhat" Blogging
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's still a viable form of garnering wages from the internet in the underhanded world of today. For instance, I'm sure you can just setup a wordpress box, abuse keywords, and then the thumb nail sized images just being direct links to "SIGN UP HERE FOR SHIT" sites, or some form of that little google thing where it tries to offer you crap based on your searches.

But I haven't tried any of this. From what I see on 4chan, it supposedly works. But this is basing something off of a 4chan board with no direct searching or hands on experience.

Offline bestialbub

• bubba
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
eh, when i read about similar passive income routines a few years back, i noticed women like buying silly recipes and kraft related instructions on ebay, among other places via simple paypal transactions.  stuff for under a buck.  lotta folks sittin on ass at home willing to paypal something for under a buck.  its a STEAL.  =P

not too hard to borrow some cooking recipes, either via internet or book and post for profit.

otherwise, as far as manipulated keywords and driving traffic, you can also take advantage of bittorrents, and package in site urls and nfo files into lame torrents geared towards guys or self improvement types to "get women", "get money" in your SPECIAL GUIDE.

you could either shoot for advertising revenue or disappointing "full versions" or "services" for the lame tutorials you either post to torrent, or post to ebay.  doesn't have to be fulfilling, as long as you deliver something to avoid claims of fraud.

there are tutorials to help you if you google.  ;)

..or you could always take some virii off your friends computers and monitor them to see what botnets they connect to, to take advantage of (drive your own traffic).  you know you have stupid friends, or people you see irl that always have some damn virus.

..or you could just rent a botnet.  (who needs to manipulate search terms when you have 1000+/- computers with internet connections at your disposal?)
-rubberducky

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
hmm interesting ideas.. hadn't thought of the botnet before

Offline bestialbub

• bubba
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
some follow up reading for you (quick google)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/12/tdss_rented_botnet_shenanigans/

site in article; http://awmproxy.com/

use a russian translator.  site appears to sell "proxy" access to some 25k ip addresses, including free ones listed in the bottom right hand corner of the site.  not sure if this is what the article was discussing, or if "proxy" services are exclusively available.  either way, unique ip's you can use yourself to drive traffic.

i may seriously have to read up on this.  could be better than a new job.  <shrug>
-rubberducky

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »
from some of the past reading i've done, i remember people saying that a lot of the ad companies log proxy IPs and if you're caught using them, they won't pay or ban you from future use of their services

still, worth looking into