Author Topic: t-mobile content filter blocks this site  (Read 2333 times)

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
t-mobile content filter blocks this site
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:08 PM »
i tried going to pla.org on my t-mobile android phone that i just got last week on my way home today... some content filter had it blocked...

i called up tmob to get it removed, but the first dumb bitch wanted my phone number, i told her how the fuck do i know, since i use google voice with the phone i have no use for the number they gave me.. i told her to just get it off of the ANI, but she wanted me to tell her, so she could verify the information - kind of fucking stupid since she could easily see the number i was calling from, and could have verified other information...  so i had to dial an ANI number to get my number...

so the bitch that answered the second time i called told me that the pin number i gave her was wrong... so after calling my wife and confirming that i had the right pin i had to call a third time..

so i had to call a third time... finally got some idiot dude... gave the number and pin, asked why the last bitch told me the pin was wrong... then he needed my name, address, last 4 of my social security and birth date... kind of fucking a lot of information for a pre-paid phone... so much for anonymity...too bad my wife activated the phone when she bought it last week, or it would have been all fake information

perhaps the first two bitches just thought i was trying to surf some pr0n or some shit...

they all gave me some bullshit about the FCC requiring them do block sites by default to protect minors or some shit?  anyone ever hear of such shit?

oh and the third idiot did not know shit, i asked him what government agency regulates them, and he just kept saying that he works for tmobile, that he does not know that, and "we don't do that here" what a fucking douche.

oh well, i am done with my rant I guess.... at least I gave some of you something to read since there hasn't been many posts here lately....

but seriously... is this legit that they are required to block/filter web sites by default on all new activations? and what is the equivalent of going PSC in the cell industry? do i bring the complaint to the FCC or would the PSC handle such a complaint, being cellular is not a utility....

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: t-mobile content filter blocks this site
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »
Wonder if they're just blocking us because we teach people how to trick phone companies.  I've never heard of an internet provider blocking PLA before.  Only schools and companies do that.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:42 PM »
just figured i would let you know... i got the block off... they claim to put the content filter on all new activations because they are required to do so by the FCC - they need to verify you are over 18 before they can remove it... i think that is complete bullshit, it is not tmobie, or the governments place to censor what information people have access to - it should be an opt-in feature when you activate a new account...

Offline Cyclopath

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
Wonder if they're just blocking us because we teach people how to trick phone companies.  I've never heard of an internet provider blocking PLA before.  Only schools and companies do that.

Winn-Dixie doesn't block PLA. They do block pr0n, anonymous proxy sites, and Uncyclopedia though. They use OpenDNS to filter the web.

If you still can't get on PLA from your Droid, try downloading Opera Mini and see if you can get past the filters that way. The webfilter at work doesn't block anything when I use Opera Mini.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:25:10 PM »
they opened it for me after 3 phone calls to them...

1st call i did not know my number, since i use google voice number, and never use the tmob number (plus it is a new number) so I had to ANI my number to find it out

2nd call they told me my account password was wrong - so i called my wife and confirmed the password she set up when she activated the phone

3rd call i gave them the same password from the 2nd call, since it was the right password - and they finally removed the block.

on a side note - you can run your own proxy on google servers for free, i just set one up for myself the other day got the instructions here http://lifehacker.com/5484934/run-your-own-free-proxy-through-the-google-app-engine  its a pretty simple process..