Author Topic: United Store Intercom System - need technical advice  (Read 3629 times)

MegaKitsune

United Store Intercom System - need technical advice
« on: April 12, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »
Hey guys, fisrt off I just wanted to say I like this forum system. Very nice.

Now then, I have a friend who works at an out-of-town United grocery store, and after telling him about some of the PLA stuff he thinks it would be a riot if I could hack the intercom.

I asked him for the intercom code/extension, and he said he would love to give it to me, but there is no code - it's a button that says Intercom.

Best case scenario - it's a speed-dialer button.

Worst case scenario - it's an dedicated button.

No matter what it is, it has to be a extension code activated by touch-tone phone.

So here are my questions:

1. I know that if it's a speed-dialer button a DTMF decoder can detect the tones for me, but if it's a dedicated button, would a DTMF decoder pick it up?

2. Where can I get a cheap DTMF decoder? Even better, can someone link me to a site that sells kits/plans for a DTMF decoder? (I wouldn't want to waste an oppurtunity to save money AND learn about electronics, y'know).

3. If I get the DTMF decoder and the intercom code, is accessing remotely still the old "social engineer your way to the extension" or can I just enter the extension code after I get through to the store? (I'm thinking I could just get in with the code if it's an automated system, but if it's like someone on the phone, could I enter the code and bypass them, or do I have to be transferred?)

Any help/advice/info will be greatly appreciated! Feel free to suggest some pranks too!

Thanks for the great site guys, keep it up!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: United Store Intercom System - need technical advice
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
You should get the brand name and model number of the phones they use in the store, then find out all you can about them from Google.  Or you could just call the stores, pretend to be with some corporate office and ask them a bunch of questions about their phone system.  You could easily get them to read you model numbers, phone numbers and much more.  Kind of like murd0c and I did to the movie theater.

Good luck with it.  I've yet to hear anyone pull it off anywhere other than a Fred Meyer.  Keep us posted.

MegaKitsune

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »
You should get the brand name and model number of the phones they use in the store, then find out all you can about them from Google.  Or you could just call the stores, pretend to be with some corporate office and ask them a bunch of questions about their phone system.  You could easily get them to read you model numbers, phone numbers and much more.  Kind of like murd0c and I did to the movie theater.

Good luck with it.  I've yet to hear anyone pull it off anywhere other than a Fred Meyer.  Keep us posted.

Thanks, I definitely will tell you more about it. I've got a man on the inside too since my friend works there, I'm going to get him to check some dtuff out for me, as well as social engineering as lot more out of them over the phone.

RBCP, thanks for the tips. I always knew you were the go-to guy when it came to phones/phreaking. ^_^

Offline liife

• PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-5
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »
I don't know.
It looks like you got hit in the face with that egg and you want to eat it too.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
yea, get the brand and model number of the phone system that they use if possible (you may have a hard time getting the model number of the phone system, but if you can at least get the model number of the phones, then you can research what systems the phones are compatible with) and then look up the user manual on line and check the default codes and extensions for the overhead paging...

if an IVR answers you might be able to just input the overhead paging extension, or if a person answers you might be able to be transferred to the overhead paging extension BUT it is possible that remote access to the overhead paging is disabled or password protected (this is where the user manual comes in handy, for default codes and extensions)