Author Topic: Prank calls to live news shows  (Read 4315 times)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Prank calls to live news shows
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »
http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2006/12/lunch_hour_veg_64.html

The top ones are from Howard Stern. The last few are from other people.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Re: Prank calls to live news shows
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 01:15:27 AM »
Thanks, I really love you 4 this.

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »
Bwhahaha...great.

Offline mb2025

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
  • System Of A Down Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:27:13 AM »
ha ha thats funny as hell, i wish i had the guts to do that
-mark

Offline mb2025

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
  • System Of A Down Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 05:41:10 AM »
i found a compalation

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/52zSRV_Kgfw&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/52zSRV_Kgfw&rel=1</a>

a lot of that arent on the site
-mark

Offline ThankYouForTakingMyCall

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 11:58:10 AM »
Whenever I log on to PLA, I always go straight to the Prank forums (afetr downloading the podcast) and end up doing the same thing...spamming my own "goofs".  One of my favorites is this call to C-SPAN where I discuss nanotechnology and its potential military applications.

http://www.thankyoufortakingmycall.com/mpeg/Nanites.wmv

When I watch other prankers call C-SPAN and blurt dirty phrases or Howard Stern plugs, it makes me sad.  It's easy enough to get on the air with them, and doing what they do is a waste of air time.  Pranking C-SPAN is like shooting fish in a barrel or pranking Chinese restaurants...any fool can do it.  What's much more interesting is leading the hosts down a path where they're not quite sure of the outcome.  If you watch the show being pranked (Washington Journal, every weekday morning) you'll hear plenty of "legitimate" callers with wacky, tin-foil-hat ideas being given more attention than they deserve by the hosts. 

You can check out cspan.org and see what guests are going to be on the next morning, do a little reasearch, and come up with a decent comment/question to give the screener.  Once you're on the air, begin weaving your wackiness into the legitimate pre-screened comment and away you go.  In the nanite call, I researched the guest and found out she was on a nanotechnology sub-committee. Even though the subject of the show was totally unrelated to this subject, I was able to captivate Rep Biggert with what she thought was a legitimate point.

If y'all get into phone pranking live TV shows, please come up with interesting directions to take your call and don't just talk about your penis.

Good luck!

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHA. They get so pissed off. Like they're really journalists anyway. Well we're busy trying to bring you some bullshit, propaganda yellow journalism and some asshole from Howard Stern calls and makes a mockery of our half-assed media show. HOW DARE HE?!!!

Offline tk

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
The funniest calls Howard Stern airs are the ones where guys phone mob random public access stations (wonder where he got the idea?). Just search YouTube for "stern calls", or just go here.
This is better than rejuvenation!