Author Topic: Cleaning up audio  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Cleaning up audio
« on: January 26, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
I just got off the phone with a lady trying to conduct a telecommunications survey. I quickly managed to get my suction cup mike onto the phone and start my tape recorder and the call itself was great, I plugged the PLA and everything, it was lolable.

However the call itself is really quiet and there is this intermittant hum that annoys me. I'd like to get this on to the computer so I can try and clean it up somehow (though I don't know how to do this either).

Should I splice together some 1/8 jacks or something to run the headphone output to my computer's mic port or something?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline amazing_ned

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-2
Re: Cleaning up audio
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:51:53 PM »
You can go and buy a double 1/8" male-end jack from rat shack for a few bucks to do that, it will probably sound better with it. I'd recommend editing with Audacity or Goldwave.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:14:55 PM »
Audacity's noise removal is shite.  If something else is available, I'd suggest that.  Some of the best stuff I've ever used is what comes with Magix Music Studio, but that's expensive and I never see it anywhere for.. uhm, "Free Trial".

But back to the point, I recommend something besides Audacity to remove that hum.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
I absolutely ABHOR audacity. I used it twice and deleted it.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »
I was messing around with Audacity today and it seems alright, though yeah the noice reduction does suck ass.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=277011

There's the file if anybody's interested in taking a look.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
Feed it from the headphone output into the line in of your computer.
As an editing Program I would use Audacity ( if you like using amateur products  ;D ) . But myself I suggest using Goldwave , Or of course the infamous Steinberg clean 3.0 ( ripped installer available on ACAB Ftp)