Author Topic: the only thing worse than having a job is finding one  (Read 2760 times)

Offline mrpeanut

• PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-30
the only thing worse than having a job is finding one
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
Holy shit I forgot how much I suck at finding a job.

I just had 3 temp agencies in a row tell me I wasn't a "good fit" for the jobs they had.

bollocks. Hopefully I get unemployment ( I was laid off)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: the only thing worse than having a job is finding one
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  What kind of jobs were they putting you in?

You should turn to robbing banks.  With the money you can make each day, there's no way to lose!

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »
You should turn to robbing banks.  With the money you can make each day, there's no way to lose!
Don't listen to him, he just wants to use his gun.
Instead get a paper route. It sounds stupid, but it's actually a pretty lucrative enterprise, at least the one i worked for. Plus you get tips and you don't have to work much at all.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »
If you've got a lot of energy you could go to all the houses around yours and present yourself as a more affordable paper delivery service (you could even try and social engineer a customer list out of the paper in your town!). Then, in the morning you pay for one paper from those dispenser machines and steal all the others and drop them off.

I've never done this, but the only real problem I can see aside from the paper finding out would be if the papers are put in the machine too late to get them to the customers' houses in the morning.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline fredsambo

• Eldery & Confused PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-1
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »
Become a telemarketing agent!  They are almost always hiring and not only will you make money, you'll also have the opportunity to polish up your Social Engineering skills as well!

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:28:47 PM »
Damn straight, I've been at that for eight months or so now and it still hasn't gotten old.

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline mrpeanut

• PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-30
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »
My old job was phone fundraising for a non-profit. I fixed the internet/computers a lot too. I didn't make a lot of money.
Here's the best part... they didn't pay me for my last 3 weeks of work. They owe me something like 1k. I really haven't had a chance to do much about that either. The non-profit is called ACORN. They're a joke of a "progressive" group.

Offline fredsambo

• Eldery & Confused PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-1
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:43:57 AM »
I used to do similar work for a non-profit as well, including tech support.  It isn't around anymore, which is an indication as to how well THAT turned out.  I did meet most of my current clients there though, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »
I work at an inbound call center where we do paging, put through orders for shit off the TV, that sort of thing. It's pretty sweet because we're unionized and get a pretty good wage there.