Author Topic: My favorite blogs  (Read 1560 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
My favorite blogs
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:35:01 PM »
I read a lot of Blogs.  Every single day, at any given time, I'll probably have my Google RSS reader open.  And whenever I have a spare moment, I read blogs.

Gizmodo This is probably my favorite.  They cover technology, gadgets, Ipods, game systems, etc.  There's at least 50 posts per day on it.  The best part about it is the hilarious writing.

Engadget  Engadget is a lot like Gizmodo, but slightly less hilarious.  They cover a lot of the same things, so I see quite a few doubles between the two.  Luckily, they don't cover all the same items on the same days.

Dear Abby I probably read 2 of these per week.  I usually skim the titles and decide it's boring.  But sometimes there's good stuff with Abby.

Digg  Digg's technology posts. 

Get Rich Slowly A finance blog that isn't completely boring, which is usually hard to come by.

Hack A Day Lots of great hardware modding stuff in this one.

Life Hacker This mostly has miscellaneous computer tips in it.

Slashdot  You know what Slashdot it.

Dilbert The daily Dilbert comic strip.

Unshelved The daily Unshelved comic strip.  Yomama got me hooked on this strip.  It's about a group of library workers and their hilarious daily antics.

The Dilbert Blog Scott Adams' blog.  He writes about once a day on anything he wants.  He comes up with some really great and/or hilarious things.  Everyone should read this.

I also subscribe to lots of friends' journals in my RSS reader, and a few forums posts.  Plus I subscribe to all the  PLA feeds, just to make sure everything is working.  And the feeds to my other websites.

I've tried a lot of different RSS readers and Google's reader is my favorite.  I've tried using services that email me all the feeds, but those are always too delayed.  I've also tried the Sage reader plugin for Firefox, but wasn't too crazy about that.  Google's reader works nicely and seems to do just about everything I want.  What reader do you use?

Somehow, even after reading everything in Google's RSS reader and everything on Fark, I still run out of stuff to read occasionally.  Anyone have any suggestions on other blogs, comics or forums that I should be reading every day?  Or should I try to make friends and get out of the house instead?  Nah, just kidding, I want more  feeds.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: My favorite blogs
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »
OMG Carolyn Meinel 15 t3h 13375!!11one!eleven

Wasn't there a conversation between Arbie and Carolyn where she said something like "hackers like to build bombs" or something to that effect?
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt