Author Topic: Jury Duty  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Robert_

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
Jury Duty
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »
Most of us take summons for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Give out any of this information and bingo; your identity just got stolen.

The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illinois, and Colorado. This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving information by pretending they're with the court system.

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Jury Duty
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »
If they called me for jury duty, no ingles  ;)

FUCK! Where's pdfusa when you need her?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 03:04:51 PM by mr_doc »
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:08:42 AM »
They deserve to have their identity stolen for being so stupid.  How could you NOT know to not give your personal info out over the phone when someone calls you?  I should start doing this to people, but instead of stealing their identities, I'll end the call by yelling and them and calling them stupid for giving out their personal info.

Offline BaconStrips

• Section 8 and it's so great!
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-9
  • ring ring ring
    • Phone Pride World Wide - Prank calls by Bobby Pyn
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:00:18 PM »
some people will do anything you ask them to do over the phone, you just have to call the right area code ;)
free prank calls" border="0
Listen to my prank calls for FREE - Bobby Pyn Prank Calls