Author Topic: Phone mobbing in Australia  (Read 2883 times)

Offline TRS

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-3
Phone mobbing in Australia
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:28:05 AM »
Hi all

I'm obviously a n00b to this forum but listen to the PLA podcast and years later still laugh at the what's your bid phone mobbing.

There has been some phone mobbing activity going on down here in Australia that I thought I would share...  Now, I had absolutely nothing to do with this, but it's become very well known in Sydney in the last few weeks and is still going on!
Anyway, enough crap - here's the links :)

A story about the phone mobbing on a well watched National Media show

A myspace page with some sound clips

This happened about six weeks ago and even on Monday night when I listened in, they had 8-10 "India" calls  ;D  The DJ's fuse is really starting to get short!

Enjoy!

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
Re: Phone mobbing in Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:38:22 AM »
Nice. I especially like the poem.

That lady should consider a career in hip-hop.

That Graeme guy brings it on himself by being so haughty and having so little humor about it.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 10:26:21 AM »
I can imagine the rambling his wife heard when he got home:
"And then ANOTHER one!  They, somebody, I think they're doing it on PURPOSE!  India's a country + everyone knows that GRRR!  I'm losing control, I just don't know what to do!" <sob>

You gotta laugh shit off when you're a DJ, doesn't this guy know?  I did better than this guy as a college DJ years ago.  The key is not to get frustrated on the air, no matter what's happening... right Casey?

mattyk123

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »
My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself. they're pretty good, I liked it when he made him repeat the question so the host thought he was going to give a serious awnser ;D