Author Topic: Scheme idea  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Yauch

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-9
Scheme idea
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »
Could you buy an item that has a large mail in refund and then return the item for a refund at the store and mail off the mail in refund. I guess where this runs into problems is if the store gives you store credit. Also the mail in refund place might not like your photo copied receipt.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
Re: Scheme idea
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:12:57 PM »
That's why rebates require that you cut the UPC off the packaging or send an original receipt. You can try for secondary rebates which only need photocopies because they know you'll need the originals for the primary rebate, but those rebates are smaller, harder to find, and may even link up to the purchasing store when you go for your return (I think compusa does this with their in-house rebates). This scam isn't easily repeatable either since you have to give them a mailing address to send your rebate and a name to make the check out to.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
Re: Scheme idea
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »
At Rite Aid drug stores they a rebate program. They call it single check rebate. You just purchase various items eligible for the rebate. Then go home and go to their website and put in the receipt number.

The info is processed and you get a check a few week later.

When I was still working there, we had a lady who would buy a shitload of stuff and did the scam mentioned above.

When her check came in, she would bring back the merchandise to get a refund.

It's been 2 years since I worked there, I think they still have this rebate program.

So if you need a little bit of extra cash.......

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu