Author Topic: Stuck in Flagstaff  (Read 1512 times)

Jay-D

Stuck in Flagstaff
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
I'm bored as hell...

I delivered a load yesterday morning here in Flagstaff, AZ and I've been looking for a decent paying load NOT GOING TO CALI (fuck cali) I finally found a good-paying, light load of pretzels going to St. Louis, MO. I was supposed to pick up this load in an hour and a half but I-17 is shutdown due to this --> http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=2b791963-df9a-4fed-a409-14a0ff306633 I could go around it but the shortest way is 100 miles extra. Diesel is $3.39+ gallon and my truck gets between 5.5-6.2 miles per gallon so needless to say I'm going to have to wait it out. The good news is, that I'm stuck at arguably the nicest truck stop in America... the white marble and granite-walled shower rooms have big bathtubs (and showers) the cafe' is nice and the truckers lounge has the big flat screen TV with comfy leather couches.

Here's the weird part of this story. It was about 2am last night and I was in the truckers lounge watching Mission Impossible 2 (Fuck Scientologists!) and there's this local guy in there (who doesn't even drive a truck) getting drunk. He's drinking Budweiser with Clamato (tomato juice)  *puke* and telling me his life story *popcorn*. I guess he didn't notice that I was literally falling asleep. Anyways, I get up and go buy a big can of Red Bull and sit down for a few more minutes while I drink it and listen to his prison stories. After I finish my Red Bull I bid him farewell and tell him that I'm going to drive down to phx tonight even though my load doesn't pick up until 3pm tomorrow. He looks at me and says "Dude I have a bad feeling about you driving tonight" to which I replied "why? I drive at night all the fucking time, I love it." and he just said that "he had a bad feeling that something was going to happen" I took his "advice" and went back to the truck because I didn't want to hear any more stories about what a whore his wife is and got on the voice bridge and trolled for awhile then looked at midget pr0n for the rest of the night.

Kinda funny how life works sometimes, ya know?

Offline legend813

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +90/-16
  • OMFG HACKED BY MURD0C.NET!
Re: Stuck in Flagstaff
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »
You need a video capable PDA of some shit man, this would make great youtube stuff

Jay-D

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
I should just get a damn camcorder and youtube some shit... and while I'm at it get a LiveJournal page.

<3 rbcp's LiveJournal page. Murd0cs aint bad either if he would update it moar.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »
I dunno, those LiveJournal pages don't come easy.  Not just anyone can get one of those, you know.

Jay-D

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:19:38 PM »
I dunno, those LiveJournal pages don't come easy.  Not just anyone can get one of those, you know.

Yeah but why get one if you don't put up videos somewhat regularly.Welp I-17 has been open for awhile now and I guess I'll get rolling on down to Phoenix to pick up my load and possibly drop one off.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:25:42 PM by Jay-D »