Author Topic: FWD: Fwd: Fw: FW: The Obama Tidal Wave --Explains His Actual Positions on Issues  (Read 2994 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Dear Jammie,
How should I ask a family member to quit sending me retarded email forwards?  I've actually told her before to cut it out years ago and she did.  But now she's sending me about 1 per month again.  What kind of threat should I remind her with?

Love,
Wants To Stab His Mother In Oregon

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
Dear Jammie,
How should I ask a family member to quit sending me retarded email forwards?  I've actually told her before to cut it out years ago and she did.  But now she's sending me about 1 per month again.  What kind of threat should I remind her with?

Love,
Wants To Stab His Mother In Oregon

Dear Wants To Stab His Mother In Oregon,

So Dear Abby says on the subject:

DEAR WANTS TO STAB HIS MOTHER IN OREGON: Maybe you're being too polite. You need to be firm and specific. Reply to an unwanted e-mail by telling the sender that you aren't interested in this kind of "entertainment." Eventually, your friends will get the message.

And I tend to agree with her.  Be firm and specific and say it is one of your pet peeves and if she doesn't cut it out you might have to throw her email address in your dreaded spam filter and have her stick to writing you letters.  Say you use your email address for work and her emails are distracting.

I've actually been running into the same problem too.  A friend of mine sent me 2 emails recently... one of them was the "forward this to a zillion people and microsoft will send you $200 bucks since it's an email test" and the other was some news story about some dude that died at his desk but wasn't discovered til 5 days later.  I immediately went to snopes.com to debunk them and wrote my friend back about what an idiot he was for falling for urban legend BS and CC'ed everyone he sent it to so he felt like a bigger idiot.  I'm hoping that did the trick.

And it's normal that the ones you love are the ones that drive you crazy.  :-*

Love,
jammie
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:25:30 AM by jammie »

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Those chain letters are a great way to harvest email addresses of stupid people who'll believe anything, bonzai kitten alone supplied me with something like a hundred thousand.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
reply with goatse each time and the problem will cease
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums