Author Topic: Phone Mob a debt collector, anyone interested?  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
Re: Phone Mob a debt collector, anyone interested?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »
NOTE: The above post makes poor use of a literary technique known as "sarcasm." A literal interpretation of said post will result in a deep misunderstanding. The author of this post makes no guarantee of safety regarding this post. Side effects may include extreme confusion and shocked comments.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
Must....not.....show.....troll....I....am....annoyed.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline gabby

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-2
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »
Well you shouldn't prank them at all.  ;D

You see, there is this nifty little thing called the fair debt collection practices act (fdcpa) and if you are getting collection calls for another party that won't stop, that falls under the tcpa. You should be logging each and every one of those calls and then when you rack up enough violations, you send registered mail asking for payment under the fdcpa or tcpa, which will net you somewhere between 500-1000 per violation. If they don't respond and you want to pursue it yourself in small claims, you could win up to 7500, or 5000 depending on your state.

I've made 5000 this way over the years. Judges love to give money away like that in small claims  ;D

Do you research first, then set out a plan to trap the fucks. Googling fdcpa or tcpa will get you everything you need. You don't need to be a lawyer or have a lawyer in small claims (you don't need one in state or federal either, but you best know procedure and what you are doing if you want to be heard in those venues).