Author Topic: Cable TV on the phone  (Read 2862 times)

Offline t3chn0n3rd

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-6
Cable TV on the phone
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »
Does anyone have cable tv on their phone?

Which is the best carrier for cable tv on the phone?

I want to get satellite tv on my phone,  how much does this cost?

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
Re: Cable TV on the phone
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »
I had cable TV on my phone, but having to drag a huge coaxial cable behind me everywhere really started to suck, so I've switched to satellite. It is much better than cable, but carrying around this dish has been hard on my back.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »
You can do it for free easily, just disassemble your phone and unhook the antennae and attach five 12v batteries. What this does is it amplifies the phone and increase the wavelength making it possible to pick up Direct TV waves. All you need to do now is turn on your phone and instead of seeing the reception bars you will see numbers. All you have to do now is type in **#786**(The numbers on the screen go here). What happens next is an app that is saved in your phone appears called "Phone Direct". From this program you can watch TV for free! :)

Direct TV was going to try a new cell phone service but it never took off, that is why you have the app.

This is also similar to how phones with GPS work, GPS however doesn't need as long as a wavelength as satellite TV does so it is able to change your phones frequency with the battery. Thats why your cell phones battery drains so fast when its using the GPS :)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »
You can do it for free easily, just disassemble your phone and unhook the antennae and attach five 12v batteries. What this does is it amplifies the phone and increase the wavelength making it possible to pick up

Don't forget to wire in a 6.5536 MHz crystal to offset the resistance.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 04:35:14 AM »
You can do it for free easily, just disassemble your phone and unhook the antennae and attach five 12v batteries. What this does is it amplifies the phone and increase the wavelength making it possible to pick up

Don't forget to wire in a 6.5536 MHz crystal to offset the resistance.

You only have to do that with non GSM phones though. Due to the fact that GSM phones can be used all around the world means that they already have a strong enough crystal to offset the added electric forces.

Offline Acidpez

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-10
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Toasters are known for their chips that help with radio freq haxoring.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
No need to thank me.

http://www.columbustelegram.com/shared-content/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1089&highlight=phone

I suspect those URLs have changed. I can't get them to play on my PC, like the post mentions.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin