Author Topic: Fast food drivethru money  (Read 2287 times)

Offline SloFuze

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-16
Fast food drivethru money
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »
Wanna make a few bucks? You can put your ten dollars in a savings account and earn .40% intrest or try this. When we were low on cash, we would hit a fast food drive thru at lunch time, when they were very busy, and order a small drink. When we got to the window we would give them a ten and get our drink and our change. Then we would go into the resturant and tell the manager that we just went through the drivethru and we gave the cashier a 20 and only got change for a 10. They were always too busy to stop and count the drawer, so they just give you the money. we would hit 3 or 4 places and make 30+ dollars a day with this scam.

Offline Jo Nathen

• [Almost a 100 count poster]
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-45
  • Messing around with skype and my job has a pbx.
Re: Fast food drivethru money
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »
They update registers now, doing tills during the middle of the day are NOT that hard anymore to find out about change. This is just like trying to get a free dollar burger ..... ::)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:39:19 PM »
They will stop and count the drawer leaving you looking stupid. Not to mention the fact that the cashiers usually drop the 20's under the drawer or in a small drop box under the register and/or mark them with a counterfeit pen. They would remember that.
If they are too busy to count the drawer they will take your name and number and at the end of the shift if they are over $10 they will give it to you.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »
Ditto. At Hardee's, we would never refund "short-changes" for more than a couple of dollars. $.50 to $.75 was almost always refunded without question, as there's always the possibility of drive-through person dropping a coin, or not actually picking it out of the tray. But to claim you were shorted a $5, or that we made a mistake on the bill was grounds for pulling the till. We were even trained to enter the bills paid with at the time, so a test run would take a minute (open the register, compare the number of 20's to the number on the printout, etc) instead of 15-20. Of course, if there was a variation (4 keyed, 5 in the slot, etc), or if the customer still insisted, we would call the customer after counting down our registers (either at close or after lunch, depending on how busy the day was). I can think of only a few cases where this happened (in 2-3 years), and only one or two resulted in customers being refunded their $5 or $10.

My advice, do something similar, but do it for small amounts (never more than $2-3 @ a time). This only really makes sense if the places are close together, however; otherwise, you might just spend more in gas!