Author Topic: Interesting Tapes  (Read 1421 times)

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
Interesting Tapes
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:29:09 AM »
So I got around to actually listening to some of the tapes that Brad sent me and found some interesting things. One was the Tom Mabe "Revenge on the Telemarketers" tape, but on the back of it was the label "Screamers" and that side consists entirely of calls made to radio stations in the Tampa Bay area, such as 970 WFLA, way back in 1990. Basically, some nutjob keeps calling in to political talk shows and screaming like a lunatic. I have a feeling this might be a tape that Legend recorded, since he's the only one I know of who lives in the Tampa Bay area, and I think I heard him play some of these recordings on the bridge ages ago.

Another one was a tape case with the label "Phone Losers of America: Operater Leaving Line" (sic), and inside this case is a white tape labeled "Mark Knofler". It has exactly one Mark Knofler call, the Charlie Nightin one. But the tape is actually one of those LEARN SPANISH IN 5 MINUTES type things with the first part of it recorded over with Mark Knofler, and the rest of it being a bunch of Spanish gibberish. I was not aware of this initially, and I fell asleep with the tape playing. As a result, I now speak Spanish fluently. Gracias, Brad!
Huh?