Author Topic: Forwarding random stranger's calls  (Read 3172 times)

star67911

Forwarding random stranger's calls
« on: December 20, 2008, 03:00:04 AM »
After discovering *71 call forwarding (It's a different code on some networks), me and my friend messed around with it a little bit, and played a prank on another friend of ours and had her calls forward to us.  Then I had the idea of going up to random stranger's and asking them to borrow their phone, and making all of there calls forward to me, I just say they didn't answer and return the phone.  I've only done this to 7 people on the street so far, and have had tons of fun with the callers.

I realize that the phone company could see my number when my victims call in to complain they've stopped receiving calls, so I've decided to have them stop going to me.. maybe next time I'll have them go to the bridge?

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Forwarding random stranger's calls
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
have them go to santa
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:29:18 AM »
After discovering *71 call forwarding (It's a different code on some networks), me and my friend messed around with it a little bit, and played a prank on another friend of ours and had her calls forward to us.  Then I had the idea of going up to random stranger's and asking them to borrow their phone, and making all of there calls forward to me, I just say they didn't answer and return the phone.  I've only done this to 7 people on the street so far, and have had tons of fun with the callers.

I realize that the phone company could see my number when my victims call in to complain they've stopped receiving calls, so I've decided to have them stop going to me.. maybe next time I'll have them go to the bridge?

Whoa, I bet nobody has ever thought of doing that , so now your like a pioneer in the community. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »
Is there more security to order call forwarding for a phone line these days? Does that work on cell phones?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »
If you have access to the phone itself, there's no security at all.  Just dial the codes to forward and it's done.

Or you can call the owner of a phone and convince them to forward calls by saying something like, "This is Roy from the phone company.  Your phone is teh broken.  Dial this number and it'll be all fixed."

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
If you have access to the phone itself, there's no security at all.  Just dial the codes to forward and it's done.

Or you can call the owner of a phone and convince them to forward calls by saying something like, "This is Roy from the phone company.  Your phone is teh broken.  Dial this number and it'll be all fixed."

Yeah I knew that but what about ordering the service to begin with?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »
I know on my AT&T landline my plan includes all the touch star services including call forwarding but the operator says it has to be activated to be used. Meaning I have to call the office, tell them that I wish to have call forwarding activated on my line, and then the star codes will work.

Shouldn't be too hard to get forwarding activated on some stranger's line. If they have a decent plan they will never even notice a change in the bill. You could even be nice and sign them up for cheaper service! (Seems like every time I call them lately they are offering me some 'newer, cheaper, previously un-offered. plan. Pretty soon landlines will be as cheap as vonage.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline Loosecannon

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »
So after you plug in the *71 then what ever phone you want the calls forwarded to, will the calls always be forwarded to that number until something is changed?
and that's why you don't fuck with time!

Offline thefinn93

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-2
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
So after you plug in the *71 then what ever phone you want the calls forwarded to, will the calls always be forwarded to that number until something is changed?
Yeah pretty much. At least on Verizon. Also, (on Verizon) *71 only forwards after they don't pick up, like instead of voicemail. *72 forwards right away. Also to turn it off dial *710 or *720.