Author Topic: IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!  (Read 4986 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 07:36:59 AM »
No. Really. It's skype. On your fucking phone. Why are we excited again?

Free, anonymous calls from wherever you can find open wireless for one.  I can call the bridge again without having to worry about the mod there writing down my phone number.  Also you'll be able to talk to your Skype friends on your phone, without being tethered to a computer.  I use Skype more than my home phone or my cell phone, so I'm really looking forward to this. 

Best of all, you can make calls on your cell phone without using up your minutes.  This means you might be able to lower your monthly minute plan and save money.  With two major phone brands coming out with a program that lets you make free calls by bypassing your wireless carrier, they're going to have to start competing with that.  This could mean the eventual end of wireless carriers charging by the minute.  They'll be limited to fucking us over only with $20 text messaging plans.

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 07:16:02 AM »
MetroPCS already offers unlimited calling and texting for 40 bucks a month. That might be the new big thing.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 08:05:33 AM »
Is MetroPCS in the NYC area yet?

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »
I thought that's where MetroPCS got it's name from... MetroPCS is in NYC right? Besides, i-ball is right, well, the alternative here in pittsburgh caught on with us about 5 years ago, when (at the time i worked for them as a manager of a store) the customer didnt need an ID or SS to get the phone.  $50 up front and the phone was rebated off to nothing.. free calling... ahh those were the times... randomw scary fellows come into the phone store and all signed up with the "SNOOP DOGG,"  and if you had CID, that's what the CNAM would say too!

heh

EDIT:

oh wait! yeah so, when i started wardialing, I used to read txt files about how the Phone companies would "watch for sequential dialing.." blah blah blah, no the fucking didnt.  they dont give a rats ass. I must have called 20,000 consecutive numbers with Cricket around Pittsburgh (finding nothing too btw what a ghost town), and never once was asked about it.

ALSO!!

I heard that iPhone users will have "cut and paste" soon!! yeah, welcome to fucking 2004 you idiots, you paid the Apple nazi's too much for your phones.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:07:15 PM by trevelyn »

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 06:49:24 AM »
I hope it's in NYC, I saw ads for it all over the subways yesterday. If not then their marketing people have serious problems.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 08:06:49 AM »
I heard that iPhone users will have "cut and paste" soon!! yeah, welcome to fucking 2004 you idiots, you paid the Apple nazi's too much for your phones.

Didn't they get copy and paste recently in a phone update recently?  Pretty hilarious that it took them that long to come up with it.  I always loved making fun of iPhone users for not being able to do that.  I use copy and paste on my Blackberry quite a bit and it'd be annoying not to have it.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »
my $49 sidekick has it.  yeah, your phone is pretty sweet, i need a blackberry...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 08:31:49 AM »
Didn't you used to have an iPhone, trev?  What happened to that?  I'm going to be upgrading soon and I've been thinking about trying an iPhone for 2 years, but I don't think I could stand not having a real keyboard.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
i never activated it.  i bought it used on Ebay and used it for itunes/apps/wifi etc.

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 04:56:23 AM »
Yeah, MetroPCS is in NYC. I can verify this because I passed by a couple of MetroPCS stores recently. Or maybe I just passed by one. I don't really recall.