Author Topic: Microsoft piece of shit!  (Read 5069 times)

Offline munchlets

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-7
Re: Microsoft piece of shit!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
well good news
i sent it in
it's suppose to take 2-4 weeks
so yay :)
but now i'm bored for 2-4 weeks
hmmmm

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »
get some drugs
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »
Get an emulator and play Nintendo.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »
i sympathize at you -_-  i once flamed microsoft here in the flames section, but... if windows weren't so fragile/frail/useless i wouldn't have a job right now ;)

QFT

Offline IN4CER

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-25
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:38:21 PM »
do a prank and post it OR nick a new xbox360 or some thing like that from wallmart.

Offline PoopskinTheLiar

• Potential Phone Loser and Computer/Retrocomputer Nerd
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-5
  • ...Is hardly Leet at all
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »
Actually, windows has been really reliable for me, the only problems my computer gives me are from the power supply (which has nothing to do with windows, obviously). i really don't get all the complaining.

And my 360 has only ever RROD'd twice, and both times i got it back in about a week or so.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 06:28:26 PM »
Actually, windows has been really reliable for me, the only problems my computer gives me are from the power supply (which has nothing to do with windows, obviously). i really don't get all the complaining.

And my 360 has only ever RROD'd twice, and both times i got it back in about a week or so.
You don't even need to send it in. There are very easy ways to fix it.
All you need is a pair of latex gloves and spreadable butter.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:31:02 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 03:41:35 AM »
i really don't get all the complaining.

Up until...2003? Some where around that time frame, I was using Windows 98. It was finally stable, everything worked fine, my Voodoo graphics card the size of a football field cooperated and all was fine in Oz. The system I'd been using was only capable for 768mb of RAM, and I'd paid a fortune for a then advaned CD burner.

Why, do you ask? Because when WindowsXP was first released you would be god damned not to have a blue screen a day. 0E stop errors were the message of choice; it like any Microsoft product first released really didn't have a fine comb through its tangled mesh of hair. It was done, it functioned enough, and people were told to love it.

My biggest bitch and moan about the deal is having to do an uphill battle to register your stuff, hope and pray that the product you pay for will continue to receive some form of support after a while (which, don't believe Microsoft when they tell you they can't/won't update any of their old Operating Systems. The shit's on their webpage to get service packs. You just need to dig far and deep to find them.)

It's a mega-corporation that most certainly has the computer market by the balls. As such, they have tremendous power over the market and how it can and will operate. Sure, you may hate the hell out of Vista, but in the next few years XP will receive no more support officially from them nor can you activate that 200-300 dollar disc you purchased. Use it for the 90 days you can by modding their count-down widget, then reinstall.

I was side railed some time ago. Basically when they release shit it's forced on everyone and it more than likely never works correctly. You're forced to buy new hardware because the chances of finding a compatible driver are none.

Also. Windows 7? IT USES THE GOD DAMN VISTA KERNEL. IT'S VISTA SERVICE PACK GOD-DAMN 2 WITH THE REGISTRY TWEAKS SO IT DOESN'T CHEW UP RAM.

Fuck you, Microsoft.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
I used Vista for a while on one of my notebooks until Ubutnu 9.04 came out and they finally figured out that they should bundle less common wifi drivers in with kernel updates, so I don't need to recompile drivers every time I update.

Also, being a total Nintendo fanboy, I can't complain about the 360. My contribution to this thread = fail.