Author Topic: Where would one start?  (Read 8597 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Where would one start?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
I think Frog stated it best (I'm attempting a real answer):

1. Learn about telephony - how phone systems work, how it's organized, different types of switches, etc, etc. This will help you understand terminology. If telephony doesn't interest you, then this really isn't the right hobby for you.

2. Explore the system and try things out - don't just piggyback on exploits that other people have published. Exploration is more important than exploitation.

3. Keep in mind that many things (redboxing, blueboxing) no longer work in most of the country. It's important to know the technology used in your area and technology in other areas.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »
^ what he said.

Alright, so in other words phone phreaking is old and outdated.. alright. Is there anything cool with phones that you can do now? just, computer hacking is too risky, and phone phreaking seemed fun, but must be old and phone companies/manufactures must have eliminated it..
Beige boxing and crank calls are always fun, but if that's not fun enough for you, you can always do  heroin and shoot up your school. :nonsense:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:55:17 PM by SpaceBison »

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:54 PM »
i will be removing a PBX from a customers location in the next few weeks that changed over to a VoIP system... hopefully I will be able to acquire it either for free for removing it for him, or as payment for removing all of the dead I/W at his location.. if that happens, I would be more than happy to set it up at my apartment with a few SIP lines to let people phuck with it...  the best experience and knowledge comes with hands on experimentation...

unless someone else can think of something else i can do with an old PBX besides let phreaks phuck with it....