Author Topic: Dayton Hamvention 2010 - May 14-16  (Read 1760 times)

Offline immabadspellor_

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +27/-2
Dayton Hamvention 2010 - May 14-16
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:07 AM »
Anyone here going to the Dayton Hamvention this year?  It's the world's largest hamfest, but if you live anywhere near Dayton, Ohio it's worth going to whether you're into amateur radio or not.  If you live in the area you may have noticed the annual influx of vehicles that look like porcupines and your fast food drive thru speakers just don't work the same for awhile. 

Hamvention is basically an electronics flea market on steroids outside.  You can find anything out there usually cheaper than eBay.  Besides the ham radio stuff, people have phone equipment for sale like test sets and old CO equipment racks.  There's used cell phone tower gear like cell transceivers, antennas and hardline.  There's been a guy the last few years that sells lock pick kits, training DVDs and has locks there you can try them out on.  All kinds of electronic items abound like those radios you see in the drive-thru videos, scanners, law enforcement equipment, spy cameras and gear, computers and computer parts galore, pieces parts, tv-b-gones, surplus and more.  2600 has a spot in the flea market as well.  Indoors there are many exhibitors selling new electronics gear.  They also have forums with astronauts speaking sometimes and stuff like that which may or may not interest you.  Afterward everyone goes downtown and gets loaded and/or wreaks havoc on the airwaves which has earned the nickname Dayton Jamvention.  There's prizes, sometimes individual prizes worth over $10,000.  At the end there's loads of free stuff in the flea market people didn't want to bring home. 

$20 gets you a ticket good for all 3 days indoors and out.  If you're a high school student, you can get in for free! 

http://www.hamvention.org

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
Re: Dayton Hamvention 2010 - May 14-16
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:31:40 AM »
Nice. Thanks for posting this!
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:58:01 AM »
I think people from hack PGH will be there.

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:06:38 AM »
I think people from hack PGH will be there.

I've heard of them, but never bothered to look them up until you mentioned them. One result was this. How in the fuck did he make it crash for eleven straight days?
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
"unlawful use of a computer"

what the fuck does that mean?? My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.:D :D :D

hackpgh is a hackerspace in pittsburgh.  I just paid to join up, but i am so busy i'll probably never go.  I want to open the doors of weaknet to hackers in pittsburgh to learn real computer security.  Not just how to make LED's blink.  I dont think I would charge, but would take donations for sure, esp hardware. 

My house is in the process of being rebuild since the fire, once it's up and done and I move back in I am definitely gonna do this.

cd /home/trevelyn && ./configure && make && make install
** Failed, nothing to 'Make'.

hopefully I can get people to come that already know their stuff as well, to contribute more knowledge, etc.