Author Topic: A stupid prank call idea - and cactusing  (Read 1564 times)

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
A stupid prank call idea - and cactusing
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
I was reading another message board about prank phone calls people did in the 1970's. This prank still be done with added touches. It's a bit stupid but here goes,

Go to a payphone that accepts incoming calls. Call your victim and say "mom I'm at the theater/arcade/wherever can you pick me up?" The person the other end will say something about you having the wrong number. Pretend to cry and tell the victim that you spent your last quarters on the payphone and ask them if they would be kind to call "your mom" and tell her to "pick you" up at whatever place you want to mention.

Then you give "your mom's" number which will be the number of the payphone you're at. When they ring the payphone, use your imagination to carry on the prank longer.

I got the idea from this thread

About the cactusing, on the eighth reply someone mention that cactusing back in the 70's consisted of ordering strip-o-grams and two dozen pizzas for delivery to an unpopular teacher's house or getting their mail forwarded to Belgium. Nowadays it consists of repeating it over and over until your victim gets pissed and hang up.

MIB
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:29:52 AM by MIB »
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu