Author Topic: Mildred Monday Drama  (Read 5775 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Mildred Monday Drama
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
So far two comments have been posted on phonelosers.org today about Mildred Monday.  The first one is this:

from   ashley
to   contact_form_on_pla@notla.com
date   Sun, May 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM
subject   sick fuckers

you ae the most sickest people i have ever heard of. dont u know tht ppl commit sucicide.. let me catch u around bc so help me god u do it to any more of my family members and ill will have a hit man out.. u will be sued. and live the mildred family alone u sick fucksssss

The next one had slightly better typing and grammar, but still a death threat.  It was posted to the PLA "cast of characters" page.

Author : fuck you (IP: 96.60.198.96 , h96-60-198-96.cytnin.dsl.dynamic.tds.net)
E-mail : mary586@yahoo.com
Comment:  mildred monday was my grandmother and all your calls were recorded and my lawyer will be contacting you. you are low life pieces of shit and you will die

I wrote back to the "mary" email address and told her our lawyers would be in touch over her death threats to us, but the mail was returned.  I didn't try writing the "ashley" address, but I couldn't find a Facebook paged linked to it so it's probably fake too.  I checked Mildred's biography page, but it didn't list any of the grandkid's names. 

Just wait until mary-ashley discovers the two tribute songs to Mildred!  She's going to explode!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
Re: Mildred Monday Drama
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
I just found out why I'm suddenly getting death threats from the Monday Clan.  A girl decided to track a few of them down on Facebook and wrote them giant emails, explaining why we love Mildred so much.  Her heartfelt email was replied to with death threats from a few different Mildred descendents.  Here's what she wrote me:

---------------
Well, I found her kids. They're...scary looking.....and really upset. Take a look:

(I am using the fictitious name "Anne Hutch" on Facebook to communicate with them)

Anne Hutch May 15 at 3:07pm
Well, you may have heard of a group called "Phone Losers of America" or "PLA". It's basically a bunch of Tech-ies and Trek-ies who have been making prank calls for the last 20 years or so. One of the pranksters was in Indiana at a pay phone one day and decided to make a call, randomly selecting the name Mildred Monday. It's a catchy name! Well, your grandma was so cute and funny and very fun to mess with. Tom even got on the phone and chimed in with his temper. PLA didn't give Mrs. Monday too much trouble, but over the past 20 years, calls were made to check in on her and see if she was still in the mood to be pestered. She never failed to deliver her now famous line, "I'M MILDRED MONDAY!"
PLA was saddened to hear of her passing away this year. They made a tribute to Mildred on their website and devoted an entire radio show to playing her old calls, discussing everyone's favorite Mildred Monday moments, and taking calls from audience listeners to hear about their favorite Mildred Monday moments and to share their condolences. During this show, PLA even tried calling Mildred's old number. Your uncle Jeff answered the phone, sounding drunk as a skunk, and before anyone could even offer sympathies, he started cussing and saying he wanted to kick PLA's ass. Then Tom got on and he sounded drunk, too. Nobody remembered Tom sounding drunk all those times before Mildred died, so we think that Tom has let himself go since she's been gone. We tried to console him, but amid PLA's laughing at him sounding all drunk and mad and everything, he just got madder and madder and wouldn't shut up long enough to understand that his mother is a HIGHLY requested and celebrated character on PLA Radio.
Towards the end of the tribute show, it was mentioned that someone should look on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc... for any of Mildred's kids and grandkids. We thought y'all, being of a younger generation, might find these calls amusing. PLA pranks their own grandmothers, parents, and each other. When my mamaw was living, me and my cousin used to prank her all the time. I wish I had recorded all of those calls. I wish I had them to enjoy. You do! You can listen to these calls and comment on them. PLA would LOVE to hear from you. In fact, Brad Carter, the PLA creator, would love to have you and/or other members of Mildred's family (especially her grandkids) call into the show. PLA would love to hear all about Mildred. We hear she was a lunchroom lady. That makes her super-cool in our book!
I hope this message leaves you with a smile and a laugh. Please do not be hurt or insulted in any way. It's all in good fun.

I'll leave you some links so you can listen to the calls and read comments. I'll give you a link to brad's email, too, so you can talk to him about calling into the show. Believe me, YOU will be EPIC if you do. It will probably be the best show EVER ...especially if we can get YOU to call and pester your uncle Tom while we listen. OMG. That would be awesome!

Pass this message along to all of your cousins. The more of y'all that we can hear from, the better.

Take good care,
Anne
Phone Losers of America - RIP, Mildred Monday!
www.phonelosers.org
Phone Losers of America - Everything you ever wanted to know about the telephone including everything the phone company really doesn't want anyone to know. Everything you find here can get you into really big trouble with any & all authority figures. But that's what makes it so much fun! Read incred
Anne Hutch May 15 at 3:10pm
When you click on the link I sent you to the phone losers website (RIP MILDRED MONDAY), you will see a page about your grandma. Made sure to listen to the phone calls of your grandma and Tom. Do listen, just click on the underlined words and phrases on the page. A little box will pop open and it will start playing. If you have any trouble listening, let me know. :)
Enjoy!
Amanda Johns-burnett May 15 at 6:07pm Report
bitch your going to die
Anne Hutch May 16 at 12:56am
I NEVER made a call. I just came across PLA's website and saw the calls and thought it was cute. I thought you would want to know. I guess I was wrong. Anyway, sorry if I offended you. I wasn't trying to be mean. Please forgive me. And please don't kill me.
Anne
Anne Hutch May 16 at 1:03am
I just wanted to add... I used to prank call my own mamaw. I did it in fun and she thought it was funny too. I am really sorry if I hurt your feelings. I really like Mildred Monday - everyone does. It may be immature, but it wasn't meant to be mean. Please understand that I am really sorry for hurting your feelings.
Between You and Lily Monday
May 15 at 4:54pm Report
You're really sick.... Please let her rest in peace Mildred Monday Passed away last year.. Sorry to ruin your sick fun.. I know her well and she was a wounderful woman..
Miranda Quantz May 15 at 4:53pm Report
Just because your sister is a whore doesn't mean you need to cont to harrass my entire family!! If you continue to try to contact any of them anymore, ALL of us will sue you for harrassment and put you through hell like you put my grandmother!! This is your one and only warning, don't make me show you my true colors!!
Anne Hutch May 16 at 1:01am
Oh. I am not who you think I am. I really am a random person. I came across the PLA website and thought the prank calls were in good fun. I never meant any harm by sending you and your family the link. I really thought y'all would think it was cute like I did. I used to prank call my own mamaw. Please forgive me. I didn't mean any harm.

I'm waiting to hear back from some of Mildred's other kids .....and grandkids. Maybe the grandkids will take to it all differently...I doubt it. Seems like they are all really quick to want to kill people. Hey, go to facebook and look up their names to see their pcitures... THEN put their pictures on the phone loser's page under MIldred Monday...."survived by" or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:36:48 PM by rbcp »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:06:21 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000577491452 is Amanda's Facebook.  Her and her husband's pictures are pretty funny.  Also, this girl gave me Amanda's phone number and then the phone number of one of Mildred's daughters.  I don't know if I'm going to call them on this week's show or not.

AND YES, NYPHONEJACKS, I'M HAVING FUN WITH MY OWN THREAD HERE!

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
good i am glad to hear it.. =)

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »
Uh, I think the statute of limitations has expired, harassment is only good for 2 years.......
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
dont u know tht ppl commit sucicide

OK...how the hell does that fit into her argument? The Mildred Monday stuff happened years ago. Why did they wait to say something now? Or did they do a search on Mildred's name recently and decided to do a "go away PLA" type argument?

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »

AND YES, NYPHONEJACKS, I'M HAVING FUN WITH MY OWN THREAD HERE!

haha
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:11:39 PM by markov »
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation