Author Topic: Pranking No Longer Potential Employers?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-2
  • Radio Jerk/Phone Phreak
Pranking No Longer Potential Employers?
« on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »
OK, so I have been out of work for a while, which explains why I check this site a few times a day and why I drink to excess. But anyways, I had an idea regarding prank calls...

A few places sent me rejection letters and I have the phone numbers of the numbnuts working in the HR department. I am thinking that it would be kinda funny to call back and ask why I didn't get hired, then do something along the lines of "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work at a bank, or flip burgers, etc, is that what you're looking for?" "Shit, Do you think you are going to get Carl Fucking Sagan for 10 dollars an hour?" and other assorted, zingy, nasty ball-busts.

I have a few ideas kicking around and I haven't done any calls this millennium yet...any ideas?
The popcorn you have been eating has been pissed in, film at 11

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
Re: Pranking No Longer Potential Employers?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
Could be funny... but would maybe have to watch out for taking it too far, since they would have all your personal info and know exactly who you are...

i generally love the idea of fucking around with idiotic jobs though, whatever form it takes.
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
Well, I did do some thinking about it, and I figure it can only consist of a few lame wisecracks before the HR guy or girl hangs up- Those people are notoriously humorless and pride themselves in being devilishly efficient...

I figure I could insult them and their company a bit and laugh about it. The worst thing that could happen would be that the guy blogs about it and uses my real name and tries to blacklist me and he gets sued, but that has a very slim chance of happening because HR people don't seem to take risks...

Let's see....any other problems that might arise....As long as I don't threaten their lives or get too apeshit, I don't see what the big deal is...

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-8
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
call places you never even applied to

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »
YES! Now that is a good idea. Use a fake name, and when they can't find the application, I can say things like "Can't you fucking find anything? Do they only hire the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet?"

I'd probably have to tone that down if I want to get more than 2 minutes out of the call...

Offline evilgold

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
You could do something like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJQUQjCk3Nk

And tell them your quitting the job they didn't hire you for.

Or something like this: http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/humor/reject.html

Say you're sorry to inform them that you can't accept their refusal to hire you, and that you're going to start on monday.

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 01:21:24 PM »
YES! I think I am going to do this to Westin Hotels this next week!