Author Topic: Dropped Calls  (Read 1905 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Dropped Calls
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
A friend of mine emailed me today and asked for a favor.  He said he was SEing the cell phone companies a lot and he ended most of his calls by just hanging up.  He hated to hang up, though, because then the cellular reps. became suspicious of the call and would end up notating the accounts that something fishy was going on.  He said it was much better when his girlfriend could play the part of a confused customer that couldn't hear the rep. and would just hang up after he "transferred" her.  That way, the rep. would blame the customer for dropping the call, not the fake employee.  But she's not around as much as he'd prefer.

So he asked if I would create an mp3 of my voice, just saying hello a few times and then hanging up.  Then he could just play that at the end of his calls and the cellular rep. wouldn't be nearly as suspicious of the call that had just taken place.  Being the incredibly nice guy that I am, I didn't make just one mp3.  I made 5 of them.  Some of them serious, but most of them retarded in some way.

Transfer #1 This one is just normal me, saying Hello a bunch.

Transfer #2 My hillbilly impression

Transfer #3 Playing with sound effects

Transfer #4 Static.  I created my own static by plugging a jack into the mixer and rubbing a paper clip across the other end of it.

Transfer #5 Female with static problems

I was thinking that we could make a whole collection of these with different voices.  We definitely need a few legitimate sounding female voices.  So everyone should call the PLA Radio voicemail at 505-796-4020 and do your own impression of a customer being transferred and then dropping off the line for whatever reason.  The reason can be because someone's at the door, or your house is on fire, or the SWAT team just showed up, or whatever.  Or you can just make normal ones too.

I'll transfer the voicemails to mp3 and post them here.  Or you can just post your own mp3s in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:43:05 PM by rbcp »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
Re: Dropped Calls
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 02:32:06 PM »
I decided to try out my new recordings on some employees.  They went about as well as you'd expect.  I was hoping for someone to turn to their coworker and exclaim, "Oh my god, that was the weirdest call!" but no such luck...

http://www.phonelosers.org/stuff/transfer_tests.mp3

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
Arbie, those are all the same links.

My favorite is the hillbilly one, though. DAMN COMMUNISTS.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 02:57:17 PM by frog »
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »
Arbie, those are all the same links.

My favorite is the hillbilly one, though. DAMN COMMUNISTS.

I can't do anything right.  It's fixed now, though.