Author Topic: PLA Ink Stamps  (Read 31645 times)

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
Re: PLA Ink Stamps
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 08:45:46 PM »
good atitude, it's not like "whereis george" its just the URL and maybe logo.. just like anyother stamp..  not one that just for money.  besides.. i think i remember brad asking us to spray paint "PLA" on a cat, so i dont think he cares whether or not i stamp all over the trams i take to and from work, or in restrooms, or on voting machines, or payphones, or money, or my mortgage checks, or phone booths, or demarc boxes, or government trucks sitting outside my house, or  even pop tarts boxes in a grocery store!!1 lets do it!! woohoo!!

oh the self inking was just a good idea to keep it all concealed in your pocket ;)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
I just remembered that I actually have a PLA rubber stamp already.  I got it in the late 90's to stamp PLA merchandise envelopes with before I owned a decent printer to make labels.  It looks really old and has a wooden handle on it.  It's not self-inking.  Here's what it stamps like:

It looks kind of messy on the right side.  It's been in storage for a year in Illinois so maybe the cold cracked it.  I took a knife and chopped off the address part.  It's not really ideal for stamping dollars still, but it works:

Click on that one to see a whole page of bills.  I couldn't make it fit very well on any of my money.  We might want to go with something that doesn't have the logo.  Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter if the logo doesn't show on bills.  Something like this should work:

It only matters that the words fit.  Or I could do something like this:

Which could just be stamped along the edge of any bill.

If you do decide to put these into merchandise (or at least the ink pad kind since they're cheaper), I'd promise to buy a small shirt if you send me a stamp for free since I suggested it ;D

I'll give you a free stamp even if you don't order a shirt.  In fact, if you want this one I already have, PM me your address.  Though you might want to wait since this one probably isn't as good as the new ones I'll get made. 

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »
I say you put the logo in to make the stamp more visible, i don't know if id notice a stamp on the edge of a bill.

Offline Jersey

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-5
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »

I'll give you a free stamp even if you don't order a shirt.  In fact, if you want this one I already have, PM me your address.  Though you might want to wait since this one probably isn't as good as the new ones I'll get made. 

Haha, thanks.
Tough decision though... either receive the original stamp that would have once been owned and used by Arbie himself... or wait for the new and improved version to come out. I think I'll have to sleep on the idea. Once my money gets out of ING though I'll order a shirt still when I decide, so you could ship em both at once.
Aaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 10:21:07 AM »
I just ordered 3 self-inking stamps.  They were only $9.00 each.  Send me $10.00 via PayPal if you want them.  And give me your infoz, Jersey.  I'm not sure how long the shipping takes on these, though.  It might be a couple weeks before I get them.  The stamps look something like this:

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »

the size and shape of that pic reminds me of a fortune from a cookie :) mmmMMmm.. fortune cookies...
 /me drools..
nah, but i like the font on the stamp, and thats cool you were actually able to get the logo on there too, i take one, and be very irresponsable with it ;) ;)

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
I'll take the old one if it isn't already spoken for. I live at 1600 Pennslyvannia Avenue. Oh and it's a surprise so ship it in a oddly shaped brown package with no return address. Seriously though, I'm putting that thing in a glass case if i get it.

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 07:40:34 AM »
Anyone have any other ideas of what to do with the stamps? I thought maybe you could stamp those flyers that cover telephone poles. That would seem fitting.

Offline Jersey

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-5
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
Anyone have any other ideas of what to do with the stamps? I thought maybe you could stamp those flyers that cover telephone poles. That would seem fitting.

Stamp some people's hands and tell them it gives them free admission to the pants party.

If your school post a shit load of flyers around trying to get you to go to whatever shitty event they are hosting soon, you could stamp every one of those... stamp the desks... stamp other people's test papers while they're not looking... stamp your teacher... the possibilities are endless.

I'll most likely be mainly focusing on my main thought of stamping money at work though.
Aaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
Throw them at people in self-defense.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »
we should have a contest and see who can stamp the coolest place! (famous places, boobs, you know and post pics)  :)

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 12:22:15 PM »
GREAT IDEA! Who ever gets the best picture should get a prize. Like a high five from Arbie.
That would make Raptor's year, even if it was just a picture of RBCP holding his hand up for a high five.

"To increase the chance of having a bill reported, users (called "Georgers") write or stamp text on the bills encouraging bill finders to visit www.wheresgeorge.com and track the bill's travels. However, the site does not encourage the defacement of U.S. Currency. In April 2000, it was investigated by the United States Secret Service, which informed the webmaster that the selling of "Where's George?" rubber stamps on the web site is considered "advertising" on United States currency, which is illegal under Title 18/Part I/Chapter 25/§ 475 of the U.S. Code.[2] The web site immediately ceased selling rubber stamps and no further action against the site was taken." from wikipedia

I just found this. Gulp? Not worried about individuals, but PLA might get investigated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:58:30 PM by M-26-7 »

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 06:26:43 PM »
If I was Arby I could just say that I never openly encouraged people to stamp bills, and the stamps have the potential to be used to stamp just about anything.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 06:39:01 PM »
http://www.phonelosers.org/store/

Spend all your free time stamping the hell out of everything in the name of PLA! Great for dollar bills, not that we’d encourage something like that.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »
ewe, i like the new look of the store. :)
our contest buttons are gone though. i guess they didnt sell to well  :'(
we sux.