Author Topic: Wal-Mart fires worker over eavesdropping  (Read 8250 times)

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
Re: Wal-Mart fires worker over eavesdropping
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »
Did you know the average D-cup breast weighs 8 pounds?   ::)

And man, if picking up guys irl was as easy as picking them up off the internet, I'd be on Maury Povich.

So, that means that the average D-cup breast weighs about as much as 1 gallon of water.  The average water tank of a fire truck holds 750 gallons of water.  So, enough D-cup breasts to fill a fire truck would weigh 3.6 tons (6600 pounds) because 8.8 pounds ( water) times 750 gallons (tank cap.) is 6600 pounds.

You most definatly have to much time on your hands man, find a girlfriend.  *rainbowsmiley*

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »
What I want to know is... where the hell is there a Wal*Mart in NY?  Sure isn't NYC...

There's almost 100 of them in upstate.  But Wal-Mart does plan to invade 718 soon.

Wal-Mart would LOVE to have a store in NYC, but they probably won't have one there for a very long time. I think if I remember correctly they repeatedly ask if they can and they repeatedly get denied. I'm not sure how many shoppers they would get. Personally I can't picture a Wal-Mart in NYC. It would stick out like a sore thumb.
'And over there is the empire state, and if you look over there across the water you'll see the Statue of Liberty. Look to your left and you'll see the Wal-Mart Supercenter. They are still waiting for their first customer after 9 months of business.'

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Well, we have a K-Mart that's super depressing and ghetto.  But everyone in NYC loooves Target.  Almost everyone I know that lives in the city makes trips out into Queens just to hit Target.  I love Target too, but when I leave town I really appreciate how cheap everything at Wal-mart is :)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »
'And over there is the empire state, and if you look over there across the water you'll see the Statue of Liberty. Look to your left and you'll see the Wal-Mart Supercenter. They are still waiting for their first customer after 9 months of business.'

As much as Wal-Mart is resisted wherever it goes, they always end up with lots of customers.  You never see an empty Wal-Mart.  NYC won't be any different.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »
I saw a TV special about Wal Mart and I noticed how much their efficiency is linked to their little scanners that they use to swipe barcodes. Apparently their system is more sophisticated than the standard scanners because it brings up a lot of information like how much of a given product they have in stock and many other things. What I think would be hilarious would be to somehow screw up that system, but not just take it down. What I'd love to do would be to CHANGE the information slightly and screw it all to hell.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 08:04:09 AM »
I thought Wal-Mart was set to build a store out on Long Island somewhere.  Did that plan get scrapped?
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »
People from the city are always at the Wal-Marts, Targets and the Ikea out on Long Island. You'd think they'd put a big Sams Club/Wal-Mart at like 55th and 10th avenue, where there's a bunch of empty space for reasonable (for Manhattan) prices.

kelsokid18

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:03 PM »
Why don't they build one at Times Square?

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
I thought Wal-Mart was set to build a store out on Long Island somewhere.  Did that plan get scrapped?

We have several, I've got one just down the street from me.

Why don't they build one at Times Square?

Because, in Manhattan, the real estate is among the most expensive in the world. Times Square, especially. All those people passing around your store front is great, but it wouldn't be worth it for Wal-Mart, who purposely builds it's stores on tracts on the edge of towns because its cheaper to do it.

AFAIK, K-Mart only has a couple stores in Manhattan. One at 34th and 7th in Penn Station, and the other in Astor Place, in the Village. I'm sure if they built a decently large one, for Manhattan anyway, people would be protesting the shit out of it, and for good reason. You live in the city so you can get the best pasta and bread and whatnot from small delis and little shitty markets, not Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is the antithesis of modern urban life.