Author Topic: Elevator phone numbers  (Read 44491 times)

Offline Zell

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-15
Re: Elevator phone numbers
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 01:12:09 AM »
So, whats a good way to get elevator numbers, do you just scan numbers of a hotel or apt building and hope to get lucky?
A lot of the elevator phones I see are just a two way intercom with no dialpad or headset.

From what I've read elsewhere, lots of elevator phones that aren't single "EMERGENCY" button-type are all simply just regular telephones plugged into a jack.  On the ones that are like this that have an actual keypad (usually found on older elevators), you can find the jack, unplug it, plug another phone into it, and dial some numbers that'll read back ANI info.  The jack is probably behind the panel and would take a little effort to get to, but honestly it all depends upon the elevator.  Some might not even have a jack.  It really all just depends.

I hear that they usually make it 100% unique from the building so that it can be accessed more easily and is more reliable.  The ones that have single buttons saying "EMERGENCY" will directly dial someone, probably 911 or some sort of security center.  If you're daring, you can ask them if they'll be kind enough to tell you what the number is ;)  I doubt that'll go well.

Another way to find potential elevator numbers is to call a business and then scan the entire exchange.

Note:  I do not endorse nor recommend doing any of this!  Disruption of the emergency equipment is probably some sort of broken law. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:18:11 AM by Zell »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »
During Shmoocon last month I called the hotel and said I was with Verizon and I needed all the elevator phone extensions.  They took my number and called me back with them within the hour.

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »
Cool, I will have to try some of these techniques out. Thanks for your help guys.
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline dennisr

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »
If you go in the elevator room the #s or extensions are usually written by the terminals where the phone line is connected. It's typically just 1 line for each bank of elevators, the elevator phone manuals explain how the phones are wired together. Sometimes they'll write the number on the phone itself or the back of the little door it's behind. I've never seen a regular phone in anything but a freight elevator. You could reprogram the handsfree phone to dial an ANAC, then reprogram it to dial OTISline or 911, but I wouldn't recommend it. Another way you can get the # is to remove the 2 tamper head hex screws on the phone (like on a TNI, can be opened with a tiny flathead), and clip into the line to call an ANAC.

http://www.electronicmicrosystems.com/instructions.html

Offline CactusIndianapolis

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-2
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
Oh wow. Oh fucking WOW. Someone find an Indianapolis elevator, or Carmel, Indiana elevator.

Offline flarn2006

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 04:13:17 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:51:49 PM by flarn2006 »

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 08:10:24 AM »
If you go in the elevator room the #s or extensions are usually written by the terminals where the phone line is connected. It's typically just 1 line for each bank of elevators, the elevator phone manuals explain how the phones are wired together. Sometimes they'll write the number on the phone itself or the back of the little door it's behind. I've never seen a regular phone in anything but a freight elevator. You could reprogram the handsfree phone to dial an ANAC, then reprogram it to dial OTISline or 911, but I wouldn't recommend it. Another way you can get the # is to remove the 2 tamper head hex screws on the phone (like on a TNI, can be opened with a tiny flathead), and clip into the line to call an ANAC.

http://www.electronicmicrosystems.com/instructions.html

I found an elevator the other day with a rotary dial telephone!  I nearly crapped myself.  I tried dialing goog411, but was unsuccessful.  This was at a college, and apparently was wired directly into the phone network there.  I tried 9 for an outside line, but it wasnt working.  I plan on calling back and asking how to get an outside line/what the elevator numbers are. 

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline Derek Xero

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-1
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
Why does there seem to be nobody in the Florida or Delaware elevators? Repeated statements such as "hello?" draw no response. I've been trying this for awhile now at many different times. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
This elevator has a modem in it!  Call the number, hang up, and then call directly back.  You will hear carrier tones.  It's really weird.

I dialed it with my computer and it spit out some jibberish one letter at a time slowly, and then disconnected me.  Not sure what rate I need, but it's cool nonetheless.  I've tried a few different settings but each one spits out the same (or similar) stuff.  Anyone wanna play around with it?  It'll go back to the normal elevator thing after you don't dial it for a while.

Change the settings in your terminal program (parity, emulation, etc.) until the output is legible.

It may be a monitor. To understand why I think it might be, read this text file with something similar I did with my apartment buildings teleentry system. The information may not be useful, but interesting.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:56:41 PM by jayeennenn »

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 05:15:13 AM »
Why does there seem to be nobody in the Florida or Delaware elevators? Repeated statements such as "hello?" draw no response. I've been trying this for awhile now at many different times. Am I doing something wrong?

The t-virus has infected most parts of Florida and all of Delaware. The two states have been sealed off by the National Guard and anybody found "unchanged" is burnt alive due to the possibility of them being a carrier. Like AT&T.

Offline Derek Xero

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-1
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »

The t-virus has infected most parts of Florida and all of Delaware. The two states have been sealed off by the National Guard and anybody found "unchanged" is burnt alive due to the possibility of them being a carrier. Like AT&T.

A resident evil reference, weird. Now how does this help me?

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 08:39:54 PM »
Just read in between the lines man... you will see it.
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline judasiscariot

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-3
  • fuck your worthless god
    • xda-developers
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

I can attest to this.  Delaware is a voided wasteland consisting of one super major highway and lots of zombies.
"Anyone with a guy throwing a middle finger for an avatar is a 1st class douchbag." - SadDay

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-8
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
(843) 300-3006