Author Topic: H4xing Coke Vending Machines 2: Getting the Jackpot.  (Read 5135 times)

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
H4xing Coke Vending Machines 2: Getting the Jackpot.
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:52:29 AM »
Heres a video of how to get all the coins out of a vending machine. I'm not sure if it still works though because I haven't seen a Coke machine where you pull down on a lever to get your money back in a long time.

http://www.falarious.com/file/695-coke-machine-jackpot-magic.html

Offline voiphead

• AKA chicco
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-15
  • To catch an "x" human you must be an "x" human
    • -Kw
Re: H4xing Coke Vending Machines 2: Getting the Jackpot.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:03:01 PM »
Cactus...
If there is an internet connection, then I can fairly say that you will be getting a phone call from me.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:42:17 PM »
Seems like only a couple bucks fell into the coin slot.  Not a very big jackpot.  Wonder if you can do that over and over until it's empty.

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »
Theres one like that outside the cinema. ;D

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:24 PM »
DUUUUDE we have one of those old monsters at work!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
Seems like only a couple bucks fell into the coin slot.  Not a very big jackpot.  Wonder if you can do that over and over until it's empty.
You can only do it until the lift can't lift the bottles anymore or until it registers all the slots empty.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »
You can only do it until the lift can't lift the bottles anymore or until it registers all the slots empty.

WTF are you talking about?

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
I bet this is fake. What probably is going on is that all those brands of soda were sold out on that machine so they put in a few bucks worth of coins into the machine, pushed the buttons for the sodas that were sold out, then pushed the coin return lever and got their money back.

Weird thing is that that is a Coca-Cola machine yet it has the options for Mountain Dew and Brisk Ice Tea. Those two are Pepsi brand sodas.

kelsokid18

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »

WTF are you talking about?

He's talking about the glass front machines that have the conveyor belt that goes up to get your pop, and it goes down the belt and into a hole about halfway up the machine wall to come out.  You can hold the door shut on this hole, and trick the machine into thinking that the row you picked was sold out, so it gives you the purchase price back from the change slot.  Then you put that money back in, buy another pop, and tah dah!  You just got 2 for 1.  The maximum the belt elevator can move is 3, and it does have a counter measure on it in the way of a metal bar, which normally makes the bottle come out with the top up, but when you do this trick, that metal bar can make the pop flip over and jam, and totally jam the belt.  That's when you lose, and you better run before someone sees you trying to fraud the machine!

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:25:58 PM »
I bet this is fake. What probably is going on is that all those brands of soda were sold out on that machine so they put in a few bucks worth of coins into the machine, pushed the buttons for the sodas that were sold out, then pushed the coin return lever and got their money back.

Weird thing is that that is a Coca-Cola machine yet it has the options for Mountain Dew and Brisk Ice Tea. Those two are Pepsi brand sodas.

You get so many points for that post.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 07:45:14 PM »
Plus it just plain doesn't make any sense. As far as I know, the money is deposited into the hopper and past that point there's no way to drop it back down the slot once a sale is made. There are hacks to get a free pop out of some of them, but there's no way something like this wouldn't be listed on TOTSE and/or have a thousand YouTube videos of kids doing it if it were real.

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
Plus it just plain doesn't make any sense. As far as I know, the money is deposited into the hopper and past that point there's no way to drop it back down the slot once a sale is made. There are hacks to get a free pop out of some of them, but there's no way something like this wouldn't be listed on TOTSE and/or have a thousand YouTube videos of kids doing it if it were real.

Can't the machine give back change?  Like, you put in two $1 bills and you get 75 cents back in change?

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +17/-19
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »
There is an option on new coke machine called CPO which is coin payout mode it does this, so this may be real.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:24:02 PM »

Can't the machine give back change?  Like, you put in two $1 bills and you get 75 cents back in change?

That's actually true, I didn't think of that.

kelsokid18

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »
Doesn't matter what the method, it just doesn't work! *bs*