Author Topic: Craigslist  (Read 1664 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Craigslist
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Dear Jammie,
What's the best thing you've ever gotten from Craigslist?  I got a whole kitchen full of free dishes from there.  And I bought 2 computers this week for very cheap.  Plus I've sold a ton of shit on there.  Craigslist rules.  What's your best Craigslist experience?  And your worst?

Brad

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
Re: Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
Dear Jammie,
What's the best thing you've ever gotten from Craigslist?  I got a whole kitchen full of free dishes from there.  And I bought 2 computers this week for very cheap.  Plus I've sold a ton of shit on there.  Craigslist rules.  What's your best Craigslist experience?  And your worst?

Brad

Dear Brad,

In 2004, I actually wrote this and sent it into CBS.  They were doing stories on how Craigslist changed your life:

To: CBS_Sunday_Morning@hotmail.com
Subject: Craigslist
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:04:17 -0500

So this is how Craigslist has affected my life over the last year:

-I had a boyfriend who had just moved here from Ohio. I found him an apt on Craigslist.

-The boyfriend wanted to workout but had very little money when he first got here. I got him two 10 lb weights in less than an hour so I could surprise him that night with them. They were 3 bucks a piece brand new.

-Boyfriend needed furniture. We found garage sales on Craigslist.

-I like TV. I bought him a TV and a TV stand for his place.

-We went on dates. There were free tickets to Birdy's Bachelorette Party. It was a lot of fun.

-Boyfriend needed a job because he got fired from the one he moved here for. He posted his resume on Craigslist. Some company in MIAMI found him. Boyfriend and I break up when he decides to accept the job in Miami.

-Ex-boyfriend manages to sell or give everything from his apartment away on Craigslist and disappears within two days of accepting the offer.

-Found a therapist to deal with breakup. Decided last minute that therapists on Craigslist are probably a bad idea and cancelled the appointment.

-I have extra concert tickets now that ex-boyfriend left in the space of a weekend. I meet some creepy Israeli guy on Craigslist to see Pearl Jam in Boston with me. It ends up being the worst day EVER and we turn around and go back home somewhere in the middle of Connecticut.  End up meeting some other creepy guy for my ticket to the Magnetic Fields for tomorrow night. Not looking forward to seeing him again, but eh, he paid me the $30 bucks for the ticket.

That was probably my most eventful Craigslist year.  The best thing I ever got from it was probably that breakup though :)  Worst?  Last year I wanted to buy a bike with a banana-seat, and I found a cute one on Craigslist.  The ad said that someone my height would definitely be able to ride it.  Anyhow, the guy drives 45 min to my house with his seriously old old dad to drop it off... and it was WAY too small.  Completely a girl's bike.  He adjusted it for me and everything though, and I felt so bad that he and his elderly father had driven all that way... so I wasted $100 and bought it anyway.  It's still sitting in the garage waiting to be re-sold.  I have no spine.  The guy was at least really nice.

At one point I actually tried to make friends on Craigslist (as in I posted in the "platonic" section).  I ended up instead having a couple try to get me into a threesome, some other guy offering to do my laundry and clean my house if I made him my slave, and some other guy asking me if I was "thick" since he found that so damn sexy.

Craigslist is the best!

Thanks for the question!
Love,
jammie