Author Topic: When I grow up....  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Comax

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-0
    • The Horrors of Second Life
When I grow up....
« on: April 07, 2007, 05:07:46 AM »
I know what you are thinking...

"I've always wanted to be an international operator for a large phone company. Connecting people across the world with just a few clicks."

Well thanks the the lovely people at *INSERT VOIP SERVICE HERE*, that dream is now reality.

With just a few clicks you can connect people all around the world together. Just think of the happy smiles on peoples faces when you connect them to the other side of the world free of charge.

Of course you can't always be sure that Starbucks TX, USA will want to talk to Starbuck Mooloolaba, Australia, but I feel its the thought that counts.
You can tell you've made that mistake when TX denies the mere existence of Mooloolaba.
*SEE ATTACHED*

I also recommend connecting TX to France...
or TX to Japan....
in fact TX to anywhere (they seem angry ???)

I also have an idea for connecting rival sports bars together around the time of a big game.
Possibly rival gangs would be funny but I don't won't anyone to die...

As a side note it is a good idea to turn off any sounds on the client software (and your microphone...).

Of course I know this isn't very "leet" but it provides me with cheep laughs (0.012 pence/minute)

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: When I grow up....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:22:21 AM »
I'd recommend cutting out some of the dead silence, but otherwise this was pretty damn good.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Comax

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-0
    • The Horrors of Second Life
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:58:27 AM »
Thanks  ;D

I only left that in there because it amazed me how long he was willing to wait for an answer

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »
one 1337 point for Comax for being an intelligent, respectable human being!
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Good stuff!  I used to do that to people, but they were always local.  Using 3-way calling, which was new at the time, I'd connect people from my school together.  Either friends of each other or people that hated each other.  They'd sometimes talk for quite a while, each assuming that the other had called them.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »
I'm not sure if Gizmo has 3-way calling. If not, it could be a pretty damn fun addition.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »
Couldn't you conferance them together and then just mute your own microphone? I did that a couple of times on Skype. I found ten people on Yahoo! People Search named "Harry Sack" and conferanced them together hoping they would figure out the one thing they had in common while I listened in but I could only ever get two to answer the phone and one always hung up.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt