Author Topic: Loud prank  (Read 10162 times)

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +17/-19
Loud prank
« on: May 25, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Not sure if i'm posting in right spot but,

Disclaimer: I am not liable for your stupid actions or mistakes or anything involving this! And is for educational use only.

Idea:

Many towns have tornado sirens. They are used for either civil defense warning or tornado sirens. Since tornado sirens are 127 decibels at 100 feet you can hear them all over the town. These sirens are usually in quite suburban neighborhoods or downtown districts.

The idea is to set off a tornado siren via the control panel underneath the rotator.  A tornado siren like this one

Has a control like this, underneath the siren.

Once you have you open this panel via screwdriver. You can set off the siren with switches.

The blower (which makes the siren super loud)

The chopper (which makes the siren sound)

And the rotator (which makes the sirens horn rotate)

The 4th switch is unnecessary but is suggested.

Q and A:

Q: How do I know what siren to find?
A: The siren I am talking about is the fedral signal thunderbolt. It should say thunderbolt on the blower (big yellow box at the bottom)

Q: It wouldn’t go off!
A: Sure you flipped all the switches? Otherwise it may have  power going to it.

Q: Are we not men?
A: We are DEVO!

For best results turn the siren on in the middle of the night and wake every body within a half mile radius wake up.
Also wear gloves, no fingerprints. Might want to bring a pack of ear plugs also 138 db at ten feet! (That’s enough to make you go deaf)

Also, never destroy a siren, these things save lives remeber,

If making noise isn't your thing just turn on the blower switch and waste the cities power money.

Remember setting off the siren IS A CRIME it could trigger alot of panic and even cacuse sevral old people to have heart attacks. Once again I am NOT liable!

Message number: G-194K99

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Loud prank
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:49:03 PM »
Legend had a video of himself accessing a siren and turning it on via telephone.  But I can't seem to find it on his YouTube page.  Where is it, Legend??

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »
I would love to have this video!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
I would love to have this video!

Legend just sent it to me.  He's too lazy to post it himself.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Legend813/?action=view&current=7a15b09c.flv

Offline legend813

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +90/-16
  • OMFG HACKED BY MURD0C.NET!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 06:44:43 PM »
This one???

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Legend813/?action=view&current=7a15b09c.flv

Or this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-kk1Lw17QU   ?

The Thunderbolt is from the 1950's. Having a control box at ground level is ultra rare, most of them are about 10 feet above ground level (for good reason). Newer control boxes have tamper switches on the door that send a alarm back to the control points.

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
This one???

Or this one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-kk1Lw17QU&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/g-kk1Lw17QU&rel=1</a>   ?

The Thunderbolt is from the 1950's. Having a control box at ground level is ultra rare, most of them are about 10 feet above ground level (for good reason). Newer control boxes have tamper switches on the door that send a alarm back to the control points.

I know about sirens, you can override this feature by contect alligator clips with wire in between the clips.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 07:27:47 PM »
On the TV show Eerie, Indiana, Marshal and Simon used a pair of jumper cables to hook their boom box into the  siren so that they could talk to an approaching tornado.  They used a special device that turned human speech into tornado speech.  Also, they wired the jumper cables up in a way that caused their message to be played on all the sirens in Eerie.  This really angered the tornado so it attacked them.  Do you think any of this is possible?

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »
I don't think they could get it to play on all the sirens in Eerie, maybe some of them.

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »
On the TV show Eerie, Indiana, Marshal and Simon used a pair of jumper cables to hook their boom box into the  siren so that they could talk to an approaching tornado.  They used a special device that turned human speech into tornado speech.  Also, they wired the jumper cables up in a way that caused their message to be played on all the sirens in Eerie.  This really angered the tornado so it attacked them.  Do you think any of this is possible?

God sounds like a bad acid trip

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
I remember the episode with the people inside the huge Foreverware containers I think.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline samo

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-3
    • Phone Bonarz
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 07:32:48 AM »
Also, 120 decibels is the threshold of human hearing... just keep that in mind.
Check out my 1337 website. www.freewebs.com/billzwensky

Offline Mr.Cactus

• Orochicko kills ducks
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 10:03:04 AM »
Ear plugs AND RUN!!!!

extension29100

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »
A siren is not a speaker, so it probably cannot play voice messages.  It might be possible if the sirens are electronic, but definitely not if they're electromechanical.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »
A siren is not a speaker, so it probably cannot play voice messages.  It might be possible if the sirens are electronic, but definitely not if they're electromechanical.

Wow, that TV show totally lied to me.

Offline afreak

• Area codes I have had numbers to: 604. 780, 778, 403, 250, 206, 360, 643
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +44/-36
  • Also known as "Alberta"
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »

Wow, that TV show totally lied to me.
Sort of. Newer ones can emit audible tones that can replicate voices and so forth, but their functionality is limited on the basis of weather conditions.

Last week, I was lucky enough to hear one for the first time in my whole life when funnel clouds started appearing over the city.