Poll

Do you want/plan to own an Apple Iphone?

OMG YES!@#$!!
4 (12.9%)
OMFG NO!@#$!!
27 (87.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Apple Iphone  (Read 6587 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Apple Iphone
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
I think everything about the Iphone is gay and I'm tired of hearing about it.  So naturally, I'm creating a thread about the Iphone so I can hate reading about it even more.  I'm an Ipod Nano user and I think it'd be nice to have an Ipod built into my cell phone so that I would have one less device to carry around.  But the Ipod is huge and I have to buy a service plan for the Ipod part of the phone to even work.  I don't want to pay $40+ just to use my Ipod.

Here's some cons about the Ipod from a blog that I read:

1.  The mobile version of OS X or whatever it is the iPhone runs takes up 700MB of the device's capacity.
2.  There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text!
3.   No A2DP support.
4.   Music can't be used as a ringtone -- even if it's just a raw MP3. No additional ringtones will be sold at launch.
5.   Adobe Flash support is officially out. It's just not in the browser. Neither is there any other kind of embedded video support.
6.   It will take snaps, but won't record video. How can Apple love YouTube as much as it does and not realize cellphone-shot movies make up a sizeable chunk of the crazy crap you find on there?

Why buy an Iphone when you can buy a Pocket PC phone?  Don't like the style of your Pocket PC phone?  Get a different one.  There are probably 100 different models of Pocket PC phones by now.  And they're not locked from 3rd party applications like the Iphone is.  They can play mp3s and you can use your mp3s as your ringtone.  They can play video, visit web sites, and run zillions of different programs.  A Pocket PC phone can do pretty much every thing an Iphone can do.  Well, I guess the screen doesn't automatically turn sideways for you.  You have to push a button for that.  OH NO, A BUTTON!

I especially hate that the Iphone doesn't have any buttons on it.  That means you have to actually look at it to use it.  I can dial numbers, hang up, pick up, and text message on my current cell phone without looking at it, because I can feel the buttons.  Good luck trying that on an Iphone.  It's the same way with using an Ipod.  I don't need to look at the Ipod while I change tracks, adjust the volume or pause.  I can feel the scroll wheel.  That won't be possible with the Iphone.

Spend your $600 on something that isn't an Iphone.  Choose your wireless carrier instead of being stuck with Cingular.  Don't pay a monthly charge to own an Ipod.

Offline bitbox

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-15
  • headshot
    • teaches you to hack
Re: Apple Iphone
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
has anyone checked craiglist?  people are offering sex and dates for the cell phone.  the human species intelligence is diminishing every day...  my fathers friend works for apple i have reserved a phone.  and everyone knows its atleast 700 bucks im getting it for 400. its a mini laptop.  its not even i pod style its itunes. its going to be a pretty good phone can't wait till mines comes in

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
Around here they're saying "between $500-$600" - but I feel like the marketing campaign is just getting under way... I bet they'll slide in the ringtones later, along with the clear pink neon version.  Right around Xmas.  It's supposed to be an all-in-one device but doesn't record video, ¿whúa?

What is its total initial capacity, anyway?  iSurprized at the final result.

Offline CK

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Master
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-47
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »
I disagree.

The Pocket PC phones have shitty Windows Mobile, and the internet viewing is total crap. Besides, the built in video on the iPhone watching is (as I understand) very high quality. There are definetly a large number of people who would love a device that views media (and I don't mean the meager 20 second clips and such), makes calls and is able to browse the internet in true form (I know I would!). Another issue that is commonly brought up is the slow speeds of AT&T mobile. You forget, it can connect to any WiFi hotspot for the DSL-ish speeds you usually get. In these days, is it really that hard to find an open wifi?

It can't have a custom ringtone.....so? The ability to have a custom ringtone is not a deciding factor in my technology purchases.

Besides, the Verizon data plan for let's say, a Motorola PC phone can go upwards of $125 per month. Screw that.

The iPhone is fucking clean and I know that OS X will run perfectly.
But do you have ample parking? That is the question.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

Solvent

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 05:07:15 PM »
Eye-phone? Eye h8 it!
Quite happy with my Pocket PC (Ipaq Hx4700 - discontinued, but still strong) and my SE k750i flashed up to w800.

Happy with my stupid little mp3 ringtones and the myriad of free/crackable apps for both things. Eye for one will stay away from the eye-phone. Or eye will start using my ol' trustworthy Nokia 3310.

And I refuse to use a shoe-phone, because the devil will wear it anyway...

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
why cant they just stick a HDD in it, and actually get some decent storage capacity.

I think it should have 60-80 Gigs, THEN you can call it a cell phone
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Reverend Greed

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +42/-7
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »
Eye-phone? Eye h8 it!
Quite happy with my Pocket PC (Ipaq Hx4700 - discontinued, but still strong) and my SE k750i flashed up to w800.

Happy with my stupid little mp3 ringtones and the myriad of free/crackable apps for both things. Eye for one will stay away from the eye-phone. Or eye will start using my ol' trustworthy Nokia 3310.

And I refuse to use a shoe-phone, because the devil will wear it anyway...

Off topic, but why do you say "eye" instead of "I"?  I'm just curious.
Reboot America

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »
Eye'm curious too, Reverend Greed!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 10:22:34 PM »
for one am apalled at the turn this conversation has taken
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Solvent

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:49:25 AM »
Why I'm saying 'eye' instead of 'i'???

'cause 'eye' feel like it and it is as stoopid (stupid) as those who to fall for a word a rush to the shop and buy some i-cr@p... i-pood, i-phood, i-poontang etc.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:25:27 AM »
http://www.yahoo.com/s/615103  i really HATE yahoo, but this article is cool.  It seems like a waste fo money to me.  Ethermine wants to buy 10 of them and put them on ebay instantly for a profit.  I dont get it, it's not a PS3, you NEED to get a 2 year agreement to buy the phone i think!!  Is the apple store going to have At&t reps there signing people up, or will they be able to just sell you the phone?  I was wondering what all those little tents were doing outside today..

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:32:07 AM »
Ethermine wants to buy 10 of them and put them on ebay instantly for a profit.

I've heard there's not going to be a shortage of them so putting them on Ebay might not be too profitable.

It sucks that these phones are only 8 gigs too.  Couldn't they at least give them more storage than a Nano?  You can save $150 - $250 by buying an 80 gig Ipod, which is about the same size as an Iphone.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 02:57:48 PM »
the touch screen would sell it for me, if i had the money..  I love touch screens, The DS r0x.

Offline CK

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Master
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-47
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »
Ethermine wants to buy 10 of them and put them on ebay instantly for a profit.

I've heard there's not going to be a shortage of them so putting them on Ebay might not be too profitable.

It sucks that these phones are only 8 gigs too.  Couldn't they at least give them more storage than a Nano?  You can save $150 - $250 by buying an 80 gig Ipod, which is about the same size as an Iphone.

But you're not just getting the ability to listen to audio files. You can browse the internet, make calls, email, countless things you can't do on an iPod. Besides, the screen is sweet for watching movies.
But do you have ample parking? That is the question.