Author Topic: Kid SE's A Fire Truck!!!  (Read 3827 times)

Offline legend813

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +90/-16
  • OMFG HACKED BY MURD0C.NET!
Kid SE's A Fire Truck!!!
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
Mother's hunch helps solve theft of fire truck
When she heard the vehicle had been stolen, alarm bells went off about her 17-year-old son.

TAMPA -- Angerloe Bellamy saw a TV news report about a fire truck stolen over the weekend and immediately thought of her son's fascination with lights and sirens.

"I just knew it was Michael," she said.

Bellamy, 40, called law enforcement about her hunch. Monday evening, the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office arrested Michael Bellamy, 17, on charges of grand theft and making a false 911 report.

They said he telephoned the Bloomingdale Avenue Fire Station and identified himself as a representative of the fire truck maintenance company.

He knew enough of the jargon to sound legitimate, said Ray Yeakley, county Fire Rescue spokesman. He told them he needed to pick up a reserve truck.

Then, deputies said, he phoned in a fake emergency to 911 to get all the station's employees out of the building.

No one knew the vehicle had been stolen until it was found stuck in sand at a construction site Monday on Causeway Boulevard at 86th Street.

In court Tuesday, Senior Judge Perry Little ordered the Progress Village teenager to be held in juvenile detention until July 8.

After the hearing, Bellamy's mother said that Hillsborough County Fire Rescue employees who befriended her son at two other stations may have "taught him just a little too much."

He helped wash the trucks over the years, but he also picked up how to operate the keyless ignition, she said.

Her son, who she said suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, "probably thought he was a firefighter."

Angerloe Bellamy said Michael's affection for all things related to public safety may have been inspired by her history of grand theft and drug charges. She was released from prison in 2003 after a 12-year stint.

She said she has turned her life around and hoped her son had, too, after he was charged with grand theft in 2005 for helping steal $10,000 in concession stands proceeds from the Tampa Bay Youth Football League.

She would like the court to place her son in a facility that provides mental health treatment.

"I think today might be his turnaround," she said. "We're not saying when you do these things it's okay. No. I want you to do better. I don't want you to go down the path that I went down."

Yeakley said officials will re-evaluate their procedures to make sure equipment is safe and handled only by the appropriate people.

Firefighters will still let visitors tour their stations and trucks, he said. But they will be more cautious about mentoring situations.

"A long-term relationship with somebody would have a tendency to send up a red flag for us now," he said.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Kid SE's A Fire Truck!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
An entire fire truck? And if his mom hadn't given him away he probably would have gotten away with it? That guy is fscking 1337.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

kelsokid18

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:43:58 PM »
That is 1337.  I don't know that they should let it roll as simple mental issue.  Obviously, if he could do that...he's not all that mental.  If he could start it (which I know what it's like to try to start a Fire Engine) he might be smarter than he's letting on.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »
"And I would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for those DANG PARENTS ! "
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »
That is 1337.  I don't know that they should let it roll as simple mental issue.  Obviously, if he could do that...he's not all that mental.  If he could start it (which I know what it's like to try to start a Fire Engine) he might be smarter than he's letting on.

C'mon, are you saying that if you were in his position you wouldn't play the mental card? "Bob" knows I sure would.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »
"Bob" knows I sure would.

Please do not blaspheme the "one true" God...

...who lives on the planet Shakaree and looks a lot like George Murdock.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
One true BOB!

The kid's doomed; he's not mental but too hard-wired to really change.  He should work for the gov't as an informer in a chop shop ring or something, else we will be updating this thread!

Offline bitbox

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-15
  • headshot
    • teaches you to hack
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »
thats messed up how your own mother rats you out.  sounds kind of funny seeing how he is fascinated with lights and bells and the guy is 17 years old.  hmm i wish there was a dialogue of what he said to the fire department.

i agree with lordnod,  he is pretty cool if he can freaking steal a fire truck.  how exactly did he get away with it.  wow.  thats america for you.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
thats messed up how your own mother rats you out.  sounds kind of funny seeing how he is fascinated with lights and bells and the guy is 17 years old.  hmm i wish there was a dialogue of what he said to the fire department.

i agree with lordnod,  he is pretty cool if he can freaking steal a fire truck.  how exactly did he get away with it.  wow.  thats america for you.

Biggie Smalls told you about mom's snitching already already
Number three: never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms'll set that ass up, properly gassed up

Of course you agree with me. If you don't you get sentenced to death by ABBA.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt