Author Topic: Game  (Read 8006 times)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Game
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:13 PM »
I looks good, but what happened to all the game icons?
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »
E1.5.1 works fine for me. It displays the thumbs of games you are a champion of inside the posts. Plus the format in the arcade is nice. I just recommended E2 because it was the newest release. Maybe it is bleeding edge.
If you give me an ftp login and arcade perms I'll install a bunch of games for you. But you should definately fix the arcade first.

Yeah, maybe I've just modded my forums too much and it's causing problems.  I'm going to work on some arcade stuff again tonight.  I think I'm just going to stick to whatever 1.x I've got up right now.  Hopefully I can find a solution to the high score names not displaying on their forums.

What forums do you run?

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
What forums do you run?

Why don't I just post all my personal contact information as well as my colleagues and friends? Hahaha
Seriously I don't run any sites that anyone here would care about...

What happened is the new version of SMF arcade removed all the nice blocks at the top and other nice features until they can work out the bugs. Those will be back in the next release. So yeah, the older version looks nicer for now.

With the new arcade you can install large numbers of games instantly, but you have to enter icon info after install. In the version I set up it was a tedious install for each game but then the icons worked.

Here is an sql query you can use to get your icons back:
Code: [Select]
update smf_arcade_games
set thumbnail = CONCAT(smf_arcade_games.internalName,'.gif')
This will set all the icons to be the same name as the the game filename .gif
If you used the old icons that were like filename1.gif for the big one and filename2.gif for the small icon then just change the code to be:
Code: [Select]
update smf_arcade_games
set thumbnail = CONCAT(smf_arcade_games.internalName,'1.gif')
Or use a file renamer.

I just found this on the smf forums and it worked like a charm :)
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »
Thanks for the sql query thing.  I actually saw that on the SMF forums too and I would have tried it out then, but I didn't have access to my database.  I switched some things around tonight so I can actually do things with the database tonight and I attempted that query.  But for some reason, it didn't work.  It returned this:

Affected rows: 128 (Query took 0.0055 sec)

So it LOOKS like it worked.  But the icons still aren't there.  The boxes for the thumbnail names are still blank.  And yes, I used the correct one of the two that you suggested.  And I was all excited about doing my very first sql query ever.  Oh well.  I'm going to manually put all the thumbnails in there right now.  Then I'll work on making the top score names display like they're supposed to.