Author Topic: Ebay Postcard Prank  (Read 12945 times)

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Re: Ebay Postcard Prank
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »
It would be even funnier if you taped wires and batteries to YOUR FACE!!! /NOT SARCASM

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »
The guy from those Alton postcards just wrote me.  He's not happy!  Here's his email:

hello Brad
I received the post cards and I am VERY unhappy with them.I cannot believe that you put messages on them and then mailed them regular postage. Basicly destroying the cards. I bought them as vintage collectables and thought you would mail them in an envelope.I understand that I did not pay much for them, but that was your starting price.As for feed back I should leave negative. I may not leave any.In the future if you sell post cards PLEASE send them as they are listed.

VERY UPSET
Gary

And here's my response:

I can't believe that you're threatening me with bad feedback when you got exactly what I described in the auction.  The description said that the postcards were used, had writing on them and were postmarked.  How the hell did I ruin anything?  I even took a loss on these by combining your shipping, just to be nice!

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »
Wow, what a bitch. You should scan that cocaine one too.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Jordi

• Simply put, I rule.
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-8
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 08:28:05 PM »
The guy from those Alton postcards just wrote me.  He's not happy!  Here's his email:

hello Brad
I received the post cards and I am VERY unhappy with them.I cannot believe that you put messages on them and then mailed them regular postage. Basicly destroying the cards. I bought them as vintage collectables and thought you would mail them in an envelope.I understand that I did not pay much for them, but that was your starting price.As for feed back I should leave negative. I may not leave any.In the future if you sell post cards PLEASE send them as they are listed.

VERY UPSET
Gary

And here's my response:

I can't believe that you're threatening me with bad feedback when you got exactly what I described in the auction.  The description said that the postcards were used, had writing on them and were postmarked.  How the hell did I ruin anything?  I even took a loss on these by combining your shipping, just to be nice!

A++! Too bad you couldn't get these people on the phone in reference to the auction.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 10:47:14 PM »
A++! Too bad you couldn't get these people on the phone in reference to the auction.

That gives me a good idea!  I should call this guy, pretending to be Ebay, and ask him about the transaction.

Offline Fudge Zorro

• ¿Quieres fumar la pipa de pene?
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »

hello Brad

VERY UPSET
Gary

And here's my response:

Oh...that is GOLD.

Offline Robert_

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 03:01:59 PM »

That gives me a good idea!  I should call this guy, pretending to be Ebay, and ask him about the transaction.

If you start doing this prank again. You should prank all the ebay customers that you prank.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 04:16:43 PM »
If you start doing this prank again. You should prank all the ebay customers that you prank.

RIP Frog
793 - 2007
Only WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ANYTHING? could stop him. We love you, buddy. There's one less seat in Valhalla today.

~ Frog's family.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Robert_

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

If you start doing this prank again. You should record all the ebay customers that you prank and release a podcast soon.

Damn TYPOS!

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:31 PM »

RIP Frog
793 - 2007
Only WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ANYTHING? could stop him. We love you, buddy. There's one less seat in Valhalla today.

~ Frog's family.

I was at the funeral. Frog was buried with a meatphone inside of a linemans truck. It was a brilliant ceremony. Lots of cake!
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »
He just wrote me again:

Brad
The cards being used with vintage writing on them would not have bothered me,but you new writing and postmark make a differance. As for you losing money I am sorry to hear that,but that is a chance you take with an auction. That is why when I sell on E-bay I start the auction so I make money. I did not ask you to combined shipping. My max. bid was $1.10 per card and if I had been outbid I would have raised the bid. It is not my fault that no one else bid. I have never had anyone send me a purchase that was not protected in some way from postal damage.
Gary

I think I'm going to refund his money.  Not because I feel bad about this, but because I'm not out to rip anyone off with this prank.  His reaction is worth the $3.00 I'll refund him.  Maybe I'll mail him another post card from the Alton set with an apology written to him on it.  Yeah, that's what I'll do!

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »
That guy's a prick. Send him a postcard with his money after shipping charges and tell him to get fucked.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:25 PM »
That guy's a prick. Send him a postcard with his money after shipping charges and tell him to get fucked.

How about I mail him $3.00 that I soak in urine?  I wonder if that violates any postal regulations.

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »
I think you would get arrested for bio-terrorism.....

Offline Jordi

• Simply put, I rule.
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-8
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
He just wrote me again:

Brad
The cards being used with vintage writing on them would not have bothered me,but you new writing and postmark make a differance. As for you losing money I am sorry to hear that,but that is a chance you take with an auction. That is why when I sell on E-bay I start the auction so I make money. I did not ask you to combined shipping. My max. bid was $1.10 per card and if I had been outbid I would have raised the bid. It is not my fault that no one else bid. I have never had anyone send me a purchase that was not protected in some way from postal damage.
Gary

I think I'm going to refund his money.  Not because I feel bad about this, but because I'm not out to rip anyone off with this prank.  His reaction is worth the $3.00 I'll refund him.  Maybe I'll mail him another post card from the Alton set with an apology written to him on it.  Yeah, that's what I'll do!

<start stupid idea>

Send him the most unusable $3.00 he will ever get... As in, some type of voucher for money that he would have NO use for or something that would be such a pain in the ass to use... And then apologize for the inconvenience. :D

"Dear Gary, I'm did not realize you were looking for postcards that were unused or had vintage writing and/or stamps. Here is a refund of your money in the form of a calling card to Mexico. Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy calling Mexico!"

I wonder what type of reply you would get to that?! </end stupid idea>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:19:34 PM by Jordi »