Author Topic: Idea to get room numbers at hotels :)  (Read 2470 times)

Offline ataxicwolf

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-7
Idea to get room numbers at hotels :)
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
So me and my friend are trying to prank call some hotel guests, unfortunately we're very tired of guessing the room numbers and being suspicious to the people at the front desk.

So the other day I called a Motel 6, and told them I was from the corporate office, and we were doing a telephone survey to the guests. I then asked for 4-5 room numbers so I could do the survey. She gave them to my happily, and my prank calling began :)

I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea, and also, if you had any ideas for what to say once I get connected to a guest?

Offline Robert_

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
Re: Idea to get room numbers at hotels :)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
tell the guests you hacked the gibson  ;)

Offline ataxicwolf

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-7
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »
hmmm, I wonder if they'd get the reference....  ;)

Offline suncrafter

• I'm too cool to need a title!
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-5
    • Wallet Test
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:32:44 PM »
So me and my friend are trying to prank call some hotel guests, unfortunately we're very tired of guessing the room numbers and being suspicious to the people at the front desk.

So the other day I called a Motel 6, and told them I was from the corporate office, and we were doing a telephone survey to the guests. I then asked for 4-5 room numbers so I could do the survey. She gave them to my happily, and my prank calling began :)

I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea, and also, if you had any ideas for what to say once I get connected to a guest?

Clever idea for getting the numbers. A cool prank would be to create a survey that asks questions. Offer them a dinner for two (or whatever) for completing the survey.
Have the first several questions be normal, like....
"Question #1 - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) how would you rate your stay so far."
Then have the questions slowly become more relevant and private....
"Question #4 - have you ever stolen any items from a hotel you have stayed in in the past?"
"Question #7 - have you ever had sex in a hotel room before?"
"Question #8 - if yes, how was the sex?"
Eventually have the questions be completely ridiculous...
"Question #32 - If a fire-breathing vampire gorilla would attack you with a lead pipe and a ripe squid - how would you defend yourself?"

See how many stupid questions you can ask before they will hang up.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:47:15 PM by suncrafter »
Proud webmaster of:
WalletTest.com
and many others too!