OMG IT'S TEH PLA! > PLA Chat Lines and Chat Rooms

HighSpeedConferencing.com

(1/2) > >>

brianwk:
Skype just partnered up with HighSpeedConferencing.com. You can call into conferences set up by HSC for free using a special number in Skype, you won't be charged any SkypeOut credits.

The best thing about HSC is that it has a web interface with moderation. This will solve the problem of constant faggotry being executed within the voice bridge without having to move to other extensions.

On top of that, HSC has numbers in the US, UK, Germany, and France. I know there are a few people in the UK that can't even call the voice bridge because it's way long distance.

This is just a suggestion by the way.

Nagasakinuker:
I like it :) it makes sence that people can kick the music spammers

computerwiz_222:
Agreed. This new system is cool, it would be great if we set up a voice bridge that monitors the levels of each indiviidual caller and if they are off the top for longer than 30 seconds they are kicked. With skype someone could program something like this. Just hangs up on them if they are blasting the levels up. Maybe even 10 seconds. This way people can yell but not for log periods of time. Would be nice...

linear:

--- Quote from: computerwiz_222 on July 14, 2006, 06:14:20 AM ---Agreed. This new system is cool, it would be great if we set up a voice bridge that monitors the levels of each indiviidual caller and if they are off the top for longer than 30 seconds they are kicked. With skype someone could program something like this. Just hangs up on them if they are blasting the levels up. Maybe even 10 seconds. This way people can yell but not for log periods of time. Would be nice...

--- End quote ---

This is a great idea, but one down side is if someone conferences in someone else to prank call. If the prankee gets mad and starts screaming at the top of his lungs for 10 seconds, it'll kick the pranker (and legitimate conferencer) off the line, even though it's not his fault and probably something we want to keep on board.

simpsongeek:
We should really consider moving to HighSpeedConferencing, the only thing I can see as a problem is there is only one room and if the admin isn't on, people can still flood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version