Author Topic: Stolen credit card number  (Read 13907 times)

Offline Dark_Star_Academy

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-9
Re: Stolen credit card number
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 06:00:36 AM »
I tried it with pizza once and they said that even though they would take the number over the phone, the delivery driver would still need to see the card when he arrived.

Same, but when the pizza arrives, the delivery person has never asked for it, nor do they have a slip that says what number supposed to be and even if they did, you could make a non-working replica of the card.

when i order pizza over the phone he just asks for the numbers, and when the deliver guy comes, i just sign the paper. they never get the card.

Offline cricket

• Bandito
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-4
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 09:29:15 AM »
That's called dumping and they watch pretty closely for that.

yeah it can get to being a pretty hairy juggling act, but if you lose to more people than yourself you'll be alright, and of course don't keep doing it, that's completely obvious. But all in all it's a pretty hard way to make GOOD money for more reasons than that. You have to have a transfer account that can handle the higher stakes tables in the first place.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »

yeah it can get to being a pretty hairy juggling act, but if you lose to more people than yourself you'll be alright, and of course don't keep doing it, that's completely obvious. But all in all it's a pretty hard way to make GOOD money for more reasons than that. You have to have a transfer account that can handle the higher stakes tables in the first place.

Trust me. Unless you wanna get ZeeJustine'd, don't dump at the poker table.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 08:41:15 PM »
Whodat?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline cricket

• Bandito
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-4
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 09:47:46 PM »

Quote from: Lord Nod
Trust me. Unless you wanna get ZeeJustine'd, don't dump at the poker table.
Yeah, but it seems like that was that guy's only hussle, I mean come on why the fuck would anyone think that if they kept doing that they wouldn't get caught. It's pretty obvious. I.P. addresses, log in names, Bank accounts, date time stamps, or even the occasional bank and/or ATM camera would be enough to catch anyone. Look, I'm not condoning this as being away to make a living, unless you would like wearing a state jumpsuit. But it has, and is being done on a daily basis. I've never seen anyone in my circle of friends get caught, but they're not fucking retarted either, or impatient. As with most things it seems that the proper appllication of time, risk management(use cases), and common sense will prove to be the most effective tools  at the disposal of the would be carder.

Edit: Formatted for readability. You're welcome.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:12:09 AM by MattGSX »

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 10:04:37 PM »
Holy doesn't-know-jack-shit-about-quoting-things-on-this-here-forum-thang Batman!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »
Holy doesn't-know-jack-shit-about-quoting-things-on-this-here-forum-thang Batman!

Words just can't express how much I love you, so I'll say it in l33t points.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »
don't order shit online. where you gonna have it shipped, ur house? Goto walmart, buy a ps3 and use the self checkout. sell it on ebay if ya want the cash.

no, you ship it to the empty houses that real estate owners advertise so nicely.

just leave a not that says something to the effect of "UPS, Im at work, leave deliveries on the porch.  thanks!"

thats all it takes.

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline johnnyhacker

• Telco 0wner
  • Post Whore
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-19
  • One plus the number means long distance!
    • The truth will always be rewritten into what others want, it happens to every one.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 03:36:56 PM »
instead of carding now, i prefer to take advantage of Radio Shack's internal stock transfers ;)
Your signature will only be rewritten, along with your posts when you have not logged in for a while.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 12:09:39 AM »
What's with all the thread res lately? I think this forum might have an infection of the T-Virus. Someone should call Milla Jovovich.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 12:23:16 AM »

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 01:54:03 AM »
Blame it on the rain that was falling, falling
Blame it on the stars that did shine at night
Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain yeah yeah
I HATE the bridge.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »
Since these are semi-legit resurrections, I'm going to allow it.

I think my favorite card scam still has to be getting card info and encoding it onto hotel keycards or other gift cards.

But yeah, credit card fraud is one of those things that is so easy to have it catch up with you that it's almost not worth it. Still, it seems like there are some true idiots who are completely reckless and will get away with it easily. You just need to know when to stop, and then to stop sooner than that.

Offline spacemonkey

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »
Since these are semi-legit resurrections, I'm going to allow it.

I think my favorite card scam still has to be getting card info and encoding it onto hotel keycards or other gift cards.

But yeah, credit card fraud is one of those things that is so easy to have it catch up with you that it's almost not worth it. Still, it seems like there are some true idiots who are completely reckless and will get away with it easily. You just need to know when to stop, and then to stop sooner than that.

or not be an ass and actually pay the 11.99 for the god damned pizza

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »
I'm not condoning card fraud. I'm just saying people who create restrictions generally have a better chance of getting away with it. I've had my card info stolen already, so I know how much it sucks to be the victim. It took almost a year for all the charges to be reversed, and I still had to pay interest the entire time the debate was going on.