Author Topic: So I got a CycloDS  (Read 1397 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
So I got a CycloDS
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »
Not the Evolution, but their Slot-2 mini-SD device. I wanted something with writable RAM, and it's cheaper than the SUPERCARD SD (and it's essentially the same thing).

I got it for 34.99, installed the newest Supercard firmware on it, and had DSLinux + Memory Expansion running in about 20 minutes. Plus, in conjunction w/ a slot 1 card solution (R4, m3 simply) you can use the RAM off slot 2 to run the Opera Browser clean dump.

I'm also still using my MMD, at least until my g/f gets her DS, but only bc it allows for default boot files, while Supercard requires me to use it's default, non-skinnable firmware (ugh).

Anyone looking for a new slot-2 alternative should definitely consider getting one of these clones before Cyclo links them with their Evolution card and ups the price.

Offline Yauch

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-9
Re: So I got a CycloDS
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »
where did you buy it from? LINK PLZ!

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: So I got a CycloDS
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
From http://www.divineo.com
Pretty much all the US stores on the cyclos website now re-direct to this store. They're based out of Canada and only ship Fedex International Express or International Mail, so you can get your package in 1 business day or 3 weeks; your choice.

The price is listed at $38.99 now, but that's still not too bad. Almost 100% rom compatibility w/ the Supercard Firmware.