Author Topic: So I was asked to make a website  (Read 1758 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
So I was asked to make a website
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:32:15 PM »
for my job. I've been helping someone else with it for a while (we were using osCommerce and all this fun crap) and suddenly my boss just decided he wanted to go through a commercial front-end (it's an e-commerce site) and re-design everything.
I'm not a web developer by any means, so I feel like I'm a bit over my head.

Here's how it looks right now:
E.G. Stratt - Computer Hardware and Medical Apparel

Does anyone have any suggestions? The two "shopping cart" hosts have to be used for the time being because of the distributors we're going through (it's cheaper to pay for someone else's software than pay for the 30,000 product spec sheets every week), and unfortunately, they don't allow very much in the way of customization. It's mainly everything OUTSIDE the I-Frames.
I'm thinking of changing the front page into a blog-style layout and posting updates, or something. I haven't signed up for any ppc services or anything, mainly because my working budget is pretty small.
kthnkxbye

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: So I was asked to make a website
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
I don't care if the company IS owned by veterans, I want things with the service ENabled dammit!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"