Author Topic: Disabled Kids Electrocuted Because of Prank Call  (Read 9953 times)

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
Disabled Kids Electrocuted Because of Prank Call
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:47:02 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=4022502&page=1

So basically, there's this school in Massachusettes called the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center where bad parents send their mentally-disabled kids that are too fucked up to go to a normal school. The students have to wear a bunch of electrodes connected to a battery pack 24 hours a day and if they misbehave, they get electrocuted. Some kid, who may have been a student there, prank called the school and, pretending to be a staff member, told them to shock two students for misbehaving. And they did. 77 times.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 08:24:22 PM by rbcp »
Huh?

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Disabled Kids Electrocuted Because of Prank Call
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »
Can I get a judges ruling on whether electrocuting chilidren as punishment is abuse?
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:55:02 AM »
It was either this or tying them to a fence post and working them over with a rubber hose. That'll teach them to be disabled!
Huh?

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »
In Canada they could maybe get away with it through "loco parentis". It sounds like it makes sense in Spanish better.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »
Corporal punishment by paddling is somewhat common in regular public schools.  21 states still allow it.  Here's some stats for paddling:

http://www.stophitting.com/disatschool/statesBanning.php

I couldn't find any stats on electric shock punishment, but I didn't search very hard.  In my high school, one of our teachers said that corporal punishment by electric shock was allowed in our school and he had done it recently.  (This was back in 1988 or so.)  He named the maximum voltage he was allowed to administer to students.  It was his beginning of the year "don't fuck with me" speech. 

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »
I'm all for paddling but electroshock leans a little too far towards torture for my tastes. I can't see any kid doing something that would warrent that sort of punishment and if they did that would be something for the police to handle and not the school. That's just my opinion though.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
I'm all for paddling but electroshock leans a little too far towards torture for my tastes. I can't see any kid doing something that would warrent that sort of punishment and if they did that would be something for the police to handle and not the school. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah, paddling is plenty of deterrent for just about any kid.  I think it sucks that they're not using it anymore.  Kids are assholes and they need to be hit as much as possible.

Offline johnnyhacker

• Telco 0wner
  • Post Whore
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-19
  • One plus the number means long distance!
    • The truth will always be rewritten into what others want, it happens to every one.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
you know it's sad that they still use the same methods to tame people, as they do to train animals... what's even sadder is that i think i know the prank caller! and he's mentally deranged, and disabled to boot, and lives in the boston area, My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.....
Your signature will only be rewritten, along with your posts when you have not logged in for a while.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
Kids are assholes and they need to be hit as much as possible.

I should lurk moar 'cause I really can't tell if you're joking or not. If not I agree with you entirely. Kids are assholes and they should definately be spanked. That's why I'm the "normal, well adjusted" person that I am today. Being spanked is why I never stole any cars or broke people's windows or anything like that. I knew if I did I would get the belt across my ass. I don't advocate child abuse and would never say it's alright to punch a kid or hit them in the face but there's no reason they shouldn't get spanked for breaking the rules. Otherwise they'll never understand that there are consequences for their actions.

EDIT: Fixed my contraction. Not the kind you where you're having a baby. The kind where you smush two words together to make one and use an apostraphe.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:47:56 PM by LordNod »
I HATE the bridge.

Offline johnnyhacker

• Telco 0wner
  • Post Whore
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-19
  • One plus the number means long distance!
    • The truth will always be rewritten into what others want, it happens to every one.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 01:11:04 PM »
whatever happened to those insanely wide paddles they had in catholic schools, i think those are great to bring back in today's society.
Your signature will only be rewritten, along with your posts when you have not logged in for a while.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »

I should lurk moar 'cause I really can't tell if you're joking or not. If not I agree with you entirely. Kids are assholes and they should definately be spanked. That's why I'm the "normal, well adjusted" person that I am today. Being spanked is why I never stole any cars or broke people's windows or anything like that. I knew if I did I would get the belt across my ass. I don't advocate child abuse and would never say it's alright to punch a kid or hit them in the face but there's no reason they should get spanked for breaking the rules. Otherwise they'll never understand that there are consequences for their actions.

Agreed. There is nothing like the threat of stern, painful repercussions to keep a kid in line.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
I don't advocate child abuse and would never say it's alright to punch a kid or hit them in the face but there's no reason they shouldn't get spanked for breaking the rules.

Amen. Other kids laugh at being "grounded", whereas my teenage daughter knows damn well to be home by 8 or she'll get a bare-ass spanking in front of my webcam.

Offline XOXKittenXOX

• T3H Kitt3h
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-15
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
.... May I watch? ^^  *rainbowsmiley*

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 07:40:39 PM »
.... May I watch? ^^  *rainbowsmiley*

IT'S A WHORE! WATCH OUT!
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 07:57:54 PM »
Yeah the Judge Rotenberg Center has killed a total of 6 people, one of them was a retarded girl who refused to eat; they tried force-feeding her/electrocuting her etc. and eventually she died. It turned out she had stomach ulcers. Oops...

Another one was a 22 year old guy with severe autism. They pushed his head between his legs, handcuffed his hands behind his back, and forced him to wear a helmet that blares static noise at very high volume. Turns out the helmet had a major design flaw; he couldn't breathe while wearing it and died of asphyxiation. Double oops...

The guy who runs the place did all sorts of experiments to find the most effective method of making retards behave, from pinching them to slapping them with a spatula, but he found that electrocution was the best method. Apparently he likes to take the Josef Mengele approach towards behavior modification.

You can read all about the Rotenberg Center here: http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/09/school_of_shock.html
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:02:49 PM by z3wb »
Huh?