Author Topic: Tapping and Recording Telephone Calls  (Read 12574 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Tapping and Recording Telephone Calls
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:51:54 PM »

Level2-Cache

DIGITAL CELLPHONE CAPABLE SCANNER FOUND.....800 digital range.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 02:20:44 AM »
I wish to speak to the owner of the site in conjunction with rcent technology, I have been studying articals and considered buying the new uniden bearcat 296-d digit dual trunktracking scanner, they cell a chip for it thats APCO 25 digital capable, this meens you can get up to anywere from 800 mhg rang, listen to the new police digital radios and yes, THE NEW gsm/tma digital cellphones with this new scanner, but id like to collaborate with you so hit me back, ive heard great results with this new scanner that sell on unidens website for about 400 bucks, also on ebay. thoe a cell scanner is illegal, the uniden bearcat is digital CAPABLE, you have to buy the 25 dollar apco digital chip for it to enable 800 megaherts and 34 hundred buad band.  since the the apco 25 chip is not sold with the scanner, and they need to be purchased seperatly, they are holding to loophole for now, so anyone thats a supertech freak such as myself needs to get on the ball about this before production is stopped in prolly 6 months....... anyone may emial me in regards, i am still resaerching this before i buy one, i saw one on ebay for 200, so im going to be purchasing one soon. ;D

kelly

Re: Tapping and Recording Telephone Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:18:21 AM »
can someone give me a number to call to see if my phone has a recorder on it?

cory

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 06:17:33 AM »
Looking to hire a cell phone tap company to monitor two digital cell lines for a month or so.  Any suggestions>

RJ

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »
i think my cell phone is being tapped bc when i am on the phone i keep hearing this little double beat noise. let me know if that means if my phone is tapped so i stop bugging out

Offline mgrossa

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-3
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 06:50:35 PM »
i think my cell phone is being tapped bc when i am on the phone i keep hearing this little double beat noise. let me know if that means if my phone is tapped so i stop bugging out
OMG STOP USING THAT PHONE, the double beat is the "trademark" of the NYCPhreak guild! They're assholes that have friends at some cell phone companies. They set up the CO computers to record every call of certain people they find "interesting" and they put it up on IRC. Some fat shit in his moms basement is probably listening to your calls right now. They sometimes attach your d0cs in their zips too.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »
the NYCPhreak guild!

Ahh, the infamous NYCPhreak guild.  I hear that sometimes Murd0c and I-baLL put on superhero tights and scour the city, striking fear into the hearts of their cowardly and supersticious lot!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Pauli

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
I use the Radio Shack cell phone recorder device you list and it works well on regular phones and cell phones except Nokia which uses a different type of 2.5mm adapter. The easiest way I have found to get around this is to use the amplifier model that clips onto the cell phone and acts as a speaker phone ($20) and just set the recorder right next to it. Not high tech and you would not want to use it in public I guess but otherwise (at home, in the car, etc.) it works well enough.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 06:53:04 PM »
I'm curious, Arbie: What specifically do you use?  You seem to get pretty good quality recordings.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 10:37:45 PM »
I'm curious, Arbie: What specifically do you use?  You seem to get pretty good quality recordings.

I've almost always (since the mid 80's) used either of the two in-line recorders from Radio Shack.  But the thing that's really upped the quality of my recordings in recent years is using Vonage.  There's a HUGE difference in the sound quality between my land line and Vonage.  Vonage is a million times better.  The other end of the call comes in much clearer and louder with Vonage.  On many of my pre-Vonage recordings, you can hear an annoying hum on the line and/or the person on the other end's voice is much lower than my own.

On all the pizza calls, those were recorded on a cell phone using that one cell phone recorder thingie and an earpiece with a boom mic on it.  Those came out really good.  I forget what brand of cell phone it was, but I think it was with Verizon Wireless.

Plus I'm getting a little better at using the noise reduction features on Cool Edit.  But there's only so much you can accomplish with those.

Brian

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
littlebopeep,
A remote jack is not the same thing as a headphone jack. The remote jack will probably say REM near it.

John

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
I have an Archer "Telephone Recording Control" "In-Line Recorder" device. I am trying to record to my computer from my house phone. I have 2 phones, one digital cordless (has a headphone plug), and one non-digital with a cord (doesn't have a headphone plug). I can't seem to get a good recording through it. Can you drop some very, very specific instructions on how to use it, asap please. I've googled-it, but no luck whatsoever. Thanks.

Albert J Bautista

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:26:33 AM »
I was wondering if the government can tap prepaid cell phones, it only says something on the link but you don't have anything on the webpage. And can they tap into or listen to Nextel or boostmobile walkie talkie feauture.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:14 AM »
John:  Click here for some very detailed instructions

Albert: The government has the ability to tap any cellular phone or landline they want, regardless of what carrier it's with.  Even if it's a prepaid phone and even if you're using the walkie talkie feature.  Everything you do on a cell phone goes across their network and can be monitored.

Annabeth

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 10:20:43 AM »
Is there anyway that I can tap my husband's Blackberry. I want to prove myself wrong and that he is not cheating on me. I can't afford a PI and he always takes both personal and business calls on his blackberry. Can you help??