Author Topic: How To Hijack Fast Food Drive-Thru Frequencies  (Read 13387 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
How To Hijack Fast Food Drive-Thru Frequencies
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyLrus1yKvI&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cyLrus1yKvI&rel=1</a>

This video demonstrates a very simple way to broadcast your voice on the same frequencies that a drive-thru restaurant uses, enabling you to mess with the customers and employees.  This hack will work on just about any fast food drive thru.

Most of you will realize that this video is complete bullshit.  Toasters don't have red box crystals in them and a CB won't work as a drive-thru headset.  My goal with this video is to trick hundreds of people into breaking their toasters.  I cannot wait for the angry emails to start pouring in.  I'll probably post this video on phonelosers.org on April 1st.

So far the comments on YouTube for it are great!  S1acker got everyone started by talking about how great this hack worked and then a few other people did the same.  If you want to leave similar comments, that would be helpful.  If you post a comment like "HAHA, THIS IS FUNNY.  HAS ANYONE FALLEN FOR IT???" I will probably delete it.

I submitted this video to a bunch of tech and hardware hacker blogs that I subscribe to.  I just posted the video a couple hours ago and it's already gotten 300 views, so I think one of the blogs must have posted it.  I'll post the link in here when I find out which one.  If any of you have any good ideas for other websites/blogs/whatever that would post this video, please submit it for me!  I want to cause a major boon in the toaster industry.  I want stocks on toaster IPOs to go up!  I want millions of high school kids to get grounded for breaking their parents toasters!

djskott

Re: How To Hijack Fast Food Drive-Thru Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
bravo rbcp!  :D

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »
Holy shit, it's Gizmodo that linked to it! 

http://gizmodo.com/369819/how-to-hijack-a-fast-food-drive+thru-frequency

Gizmodo is a pretty huge site, so this rules.  Hopefully other blogs will be posting it because they'll see it on Gizmodo.  The best part is the comments on Gizmodo!  So far not one single person has said that this is impossible.  They've noticed that you can buy the crystal somewhere else and that it's the same crystal used for red boxing.  But it hasn't occurred to any of them yet that it's complete BS!  It shouldn't be long now, though...

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »
i linked it to my myspace. maybe good for 2 hits?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
I moved this thread in here because there were about 20 guests reading it and I don't want them all to see that it's a joke.  I guess people are hitting the site pretty hard because of this video.  It keeps timing out for me.

I just noticed that the video has gone into YouTube's Top Favorites in the Comedy section for today.  It's gotten favorited 29 times so far.  But if everyone here were to favorite it, it would go even higher in the list.  HINT HINT.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »
Comsumerist.com, another of my favorite daily blogs that I read all day, just linked to it.  This means phonelosers.org will probably be fucked soon.

http://consumerist.com/369874/how-to-hijack-fast-food-drive-thru-frequencies

There's tons of comments on this one too.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »
I just got my first official dose of feeling bad for this prank.  I'm chatting with this guy who I talk to occasionally about phone stuff.  And he says, "would http://pl.uk.to/92 be ok to use on drive throughs after I replace the crystal? I can't tell if its digital or not."

It's an Ebay auction for a CB radio.  He's actually going to spend money on a CB radio.  He sent this message after I'd already left, so I have no idea if he's the high bidder or not.  But I feel bad for possibly making some kid blow $12 on a useless CB radio.  Making people break toasters sounds way more comical!

The video is up to 7,196 views on YouTube now!  And a couple people on the Gizmodo blog have finally called B.S. on the video.  It took them 6 hours though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:11:08 PM by rbcp »

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »
That's some nice editing and good narration, it looks really convincing.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 09:16:10 PM »
That's some nice editing and good narration, it looks really convincing.

Thanks!

Everyone should Digg this so we can victimize more people! http://digg.com/educational/How_To_Hijack_Fast_Food_Drive_Thru_Frequencies

Here's the best comment from Gizmodo:

I'v canabalized hair blow driers, hair straighteners, and toasters. I have yet to find this crystal.. Back to looking.....

I also have 2 of the same model CB radio as the video. The crystal is in a different place, and it is marked 10.240 (32PF) But maybe that isnt the frequency?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
29,173 views on this video now.  Just imagine the toaster carnage!  And it's not even April 1st yet!

#100 - Most Discussed (Today) - Comedy
#77 - Most Viewed (Today)
#8 - Most Viewed (Today) - Comedy
#77 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Comedy
#60 - Top Favorites (Today)
#5 - Top Favorites (Today) - Comedy
#44 - Top Rated (Today) - Comedy

And still nobody seems to be noticing that it's bullshit.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
You don't think it's risky at all to blab about it on your blog though?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
You don't think it's risky at all to blab about it on your blog though?

Nah, I doubt many of those 29,000 people have visited my homepage.  I've fooled enough people that I think it's okay to let the few who read my homepage to know it's fake.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
Another major blog has posted the video.  I didn't even submit it to this one. http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/use_a_cb_radio_to_order_a.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890

And I'm impressed...just about every comment on that page so far is people talking about how fake it is.

The drive-thru video is now up to 68,299 views.  And tomorrow I'm going to post a similar webpage tutorial on phonelosers.org and get even more sites to link to it.  This has been a kickass prank!  Toasters pheer the PLA.

EDIT: Also, here's another site that posted it last week while I was out of town. http://pranks.com/2008/03/22/hacking-drive-thru-speakers/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:34:04 AM by rbcp »

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:29 AM »
It sure would rule of people got pissed off at the sites that stole your stuff for leading them to destroy their toasters.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:12:03 AM »
Fark is going to post the link to the new tutorial on phonelosers.org in about 3 hours.  So, get ready for the forums to stop working and the site to be bogged down all day.  I submitted it to a bunch of other blogs too, so we'll see who else picks it up.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3507241 is the link from Fark with all the comments.  You'll notice the first post has a picture of a gay man in leather with the word "Want" underneath it.  That guy hotlinked to a picture of my toaster, so I changed it to the gay man in leather.  Tee hee!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:31:27 AM by rbcp »